New Video

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I just posted my entry for the Soap Challenge Club. I won the entry, and the soap was a fun one, so there is not much skin in the game for me this time.

But this is the first time I am using my new intro animation. Even from a template this thing gave me fits trying to figure it out, so I am very proud of it.

I am also very happy I found a royalty free music site so I can have different music on my videos other than the same 3 or 4 tracks YouTube provides. Haha.

Let me know what you guys think.

https://youtu.be/0ET1q8wVAes

great video! Short and to the point...the layering of the batters .......loved the music and much appreciated to not hear things in the background like kids asking for a coke, dogs barking,slamming doors and bad music....

I loved the video! No waiting 20 minutes to watch the whole process hearing conversations about whatever and sped up to boot! I wish more videos were like that! I thought the soap came out great!

I have a bad habit of rambling. If I was doing something intricate, I would have been more descriptive. But a 2 color tiger is pretty simple so I figured keeping this one short was the best. Plus I had to play that music, sorry if it was not everyone's cup of tea.

I have a couple more videos to add, and a new soap design trying to break out of my head. So I'll have more soon.
Thank you all.

Thanks for sharing your video.

I'd too, would rather listen to someone speaking than to music. I tend to either avoid videos without the person speaking or I turn off the sound when there's music which I usually find that it adds nothing and more times than not I find it distracting.

I like the soap you made; but I wish you didn't fast forward so much, particularly when you doing things like decorating the top, etc. [

QUOTE=kchaystack;553384]I have a bad habit of rambling. If I was doing something intricate, I would have been more descriptive. But a 2 color tiger is pretty simple so I figured keeping this one short was the best. Plus I had to play that music, sorry if it was not everyone's cup of tea.

I have a couple more videos to add, and a new soap design trying to break out of my head. So I'll have more soon.
Thank you all.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I really enjoyed it, and congrats on winning the contest. How did you like the Aloe? Was there a noticable difference between it and your water based soap? Does the lye mix with it pretty easily? Sorry for all the questions but I been really wanting to try it.

That is such a striking soap. Congrats on a well deserved win.
I enjoyed the video, but like the others, would have liked a little more speaking. The music, while fun at first gets really repetitive before long.

I have not won the contest, and do not expect to.

I won the entry fee for filling out the survey she sent out. It was a random thing - just lucky I guess. Haha.

Dana89- The batch is still curing. It was made on 10/10, so won't be ready to test for another month.

But from the swap I did on here, aloe juice makes gorgeous lather. All the natural sugars I would guess.

The lye mixed like a dream. It turned a little orange yellow, but it worked out fine.

I got a gallon jug from Meijers (kind of like a Walmart, but it is a regional company) in the pharmacy section. I plan to use it with my 50/50 master batch lye solution as the rest of the liquid until I use it up. A

I loved the speed and style of the video! I don't like listening to people ramble or sb noise. And the shorter the video, well, that just means I can get to the next ones that much quicker ;) So nothing but kudos from me! Thanks for sharing and I hope you keep putting them out there.

Well done, haystack! :thumbup: I too appreciate you speeding up through the process and muting the noise of the SB and spatula scraping. I liked that you added your voice to tell viewers what you were doing at the beginning then explained what your design plan was. You told us what EO blend you used which was great but I kept waiting to hear about your colorants, lol. I followed along just fine and like that it's a short video. When I'm on You Tube looking for videos to watch I always skip over the ones that are longer than 15 minutes. It's just too annoying to watch and hear the SB, the SLOW stirring, them running to get some utensil, yelling at the kids to take the dog outside, etc, etc. I'm looking forward to seeing more! :clap:

@Kchaystack-I tried the Aloe water and have used it in every batch since. It mixes like water! I have not used a full bar, just an end pice to to wash my hands and it really does seem more bubbley than my water soaps. That did surprised me because Aloe juice is so thin, I didn't think it would make that big of a difference.
A couple of more weeks and they will be ready to use!

Wow, that was great! I love the overhead camera angle, so you can really see what's going on. And the results were stunning...I love black and white soap, nice work. :thumbup:

Bravo! Great job on both the soap and the video. Did your aloe juice contain anything else like citric acid and a preservative? Due to the extra sugars, did it heat up more than usual? Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to more videos and lovely soaps!

@Kchaystack-I tried the Aloe water and have used it in every batch since. It mixes like water! I have not used a full bar, just an end pice to to wash my hands and it really does seem more bubbley than my water soaps. That did surprised me because Aloe juice is so thin, I didn't think it would make that big of a difference.
A couple of more weeks and they will be ready to use!

I have been using an end from this batch and really like the results. Lots and lots of bubbles. I am sure as it cures it will just keep getting better.

The lather is a bit grey from the AC, but I do not mind in the least.

Wow, that was great! I love the overhead camera angle, so you can really see what's going on. And the results were stunning...I love black and white soap, nice work. :thumbup:

Thanks. The secret is a little embarrassing. I bought a selfie stick, and zip tied it to my SLR tripod to use as a boom. I would never admit to owning a selfie stick, but it makes it really easy to shoot soap vids....

Bravo! Great job on both the soap and the video. Did your aloe juice contain anything else like citric acid and a preservative? Due to the extra sugars, did it heat up more than usual? Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to more videos and lovely soaps!

That is all it had in it Cactuslily. I did not find it getting any warmer than other batches, but I also put it on a heating pad and under a box with a blanket over it to force gel. I probably should have watched it closer than I did, now that you mention the sugars I might need to do a side by side and see how much of a difference is makes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back