New to this company and carrier oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hygieia

Reaction score
Hey there! I've not posted here in a long time and have recently dove back into making my own body/facial oils. I am curious if anyone has ever used the company NatureInBottle? And if so how they feel about their oils/ I got a little excited about their prices and bought some oils from them and later read into their reviews - there are mixed reviews so I thought i'd some over here to see if anyone has used them. In the past i've always bought from trusted suppliers here like Mountain Rose Herbs or Jedwards and always love and trust their oils.

I got some oils i've not used before or some that are def. different from other suppliers so hoping someone has experience and can help me with these two :

Their red raspberry seed oil has a faint sweet raspberry smell - I don't recall this from using it previously.

Same with the marula (passion fruit) oil - slightly sweet smell. Never used this before so am surprised

Their sea buckthorn is deep orangish reddish like the stuff i've had from MRH but it's also got a lot of sediment (bright reddish/pink) - is that normal?

Again got excited about the prices and didn't think it through... but don't recall sweet smells coming from oils before so makes me question some of the oils I got from them.

Sorry - not Marula.. Maracuja

Are these oils pure or adulterated? The sediment in the sea buckthorn oil may be a by-product of the extraction process. Seabuckthorn oil may be deep orange to red color. IMO, these oils are expensive and better suited to lotion, skin gels, or creams. They all have properties which are great for skin care products.

I've never used that company before, but our red raspberry seed oil, which is unrefined, has a fairly pungent but pleasantly sweet scent to it. As for the sea buckthorn, keep in mind that it's sometimes produced from seeds, sometimes from pulp, and sometimes from both. In general though, we often have sediment in many of our oils, though it's expected as we always try and find the least refined versions possible.

I've only used passion fruit oil once, and the scent was intense - sickly sweet with that tropical-rotten tinge to it. It was a bit much.

Can't go wrong with MRH (but you can go broke), we get a lot of stuff from them. We use Jedwards as well, though I find some of their products hit or miss. Their gallon prices are pretty awesome, although their crazy shipping prices make them a little less awesome in the end.

Latest posts

Back