New to the Forum! Hello, questions on Clear M&P bases

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suln

Reaction score
-Hey to anyone reading this and thanks. I recently started a journey to create a cosmetic product with my fiance. The product is a “soap brow”.
-Im looking to make a hard soap that has a stickiness and sets dry when combined with a small amount of water.
-the soap bases i have tried are coconut oil based and palm kernel based.
- I have played around with some of the batches and added jojoba oil, castor oil, and different/varying amounts of shea/mango butter bases
-the palm kernel worked best, bc it made a very hard product; but still did not dry as firm as i would like; it kind of got bendy on the hair after about 1-2 hours.
Any input would be great, any thoughts or additions are welcomed. THANKS

I looked up "soap brows" because I wasn't sure I correctly remembered that product of old, but I did. Yay me. :)

Question:
What are your thoughts behind trying to create a "sticky" bar?
Any soap that is dampened will set hard once dried, as any soap dish will attest.
I would think the priority would be transparency over "stickiness" which might mean too much product on the application brush.​
Are you wanting to make a M&P base, or are you wanting to add to a purchased and premade M&P base?

In the early 80's, when the Brooke Shields eyebrows were all the rage, my cousin's grandmother taught us to use glycerin soap to achieve the look instead of forking out bucks for eyebrow soap. Apparently, the big brow was a look back in her day as well sometime between 1920 and 1960. We'd just wet a previously unused mascara brush, rub it on the soap, and then onto our eyebrows. Once dried, the soap and our eyebrows were pretty much rock solid that didn't smear or flake. Having a transparent glycerin soap, and making sure it was soap and not a beauty bar, were the keys...but I digress to the thankfully past age of big hair, big brows, and big shoulders.

Goodness, we have soapmaking, history, and fashion, all in one fascinating thread. 😁

I am not familiar with M&P soap or glycerin soap, but I used to use a clear mascara that was made for brows and lashes. It had a tiny bit of beeswax in it, which is what helped it "set." Not sure if that helps. Wish you all the best.

Latest posts

Back