New to the forum, but not to chemistry ;>)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LKK

Reaction score
New to the forum and just starting out with the crafting of soap. I have been interested in soap making since as a science/math teacher I supervised several 8th grade apprenticeships with a natural soap maker. He made sure I participated in the process as well. The products were beautiful and healthy. Now, years later, I am in a position to work for myself and perhaps get to a point of proficiency where I can share/sell my creations in a small way. I look forward to learning a lot from reading the posts. Aloha! LKK

Welcome to a fellow science educator! Hats off to you for teaching 8th graders - a tough age. I teach al the college level. One of the things I really like about soapmaking is that it’s a combination of science and art.

Welcome.gif

Howdy! Where are you in Colorado? Do they speak Hawaiian there too? 😂

Welcome to a fellow science educator! Hats off to you for teaching 8th graders - a tough age. I teach al the college level. One of the things I really like about soapmaking is that it’s a combination of science and art.
Exactly ! And playing with chemicals is fun 🧪

View attachment 64085
Howdy! Where are you in Colorado? Do they speak Hawaiian there too? 😂
No, I always have to spell my name out! But have lived in CO much of my adult life. I'm in Conifer at 8400'. Currently cold and snowing!

Same here. I'm in Lone Tree at 6,000', near Park Meadows. Under an hour's drive from Conifer. I have a cousin up there. Nice mountain living... in the summer! 😂
Man, it's been cold this week for sure! I used to teach near Lone Tree, at Rocky Heights MS.

Back