New to soapmaking

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm not mistaken, you're up late again tonight ;)
Soapmaking will do that to ya! Wait until you start having soap dreams! 🤪
😂I have wonky hours. What better to do than research research research 😉 I want so badly to get my first batch done but trying not to make silly mistakes in supplies. Trying to be patient or something like that 🙃
You are absolutely adorable 🤗

Got some supplies coming! Still haven’t ordered a mold yet. Working on that and the oils. Currently not able to go to the store. Not sure what to order online so waiting for a bit. But getting stuff coming is still exciting! Thank you all for the recommendation on supplies.
Got any silicone muffin/cake trays? That's what I used for my first ever batch.
IMG_0411.JPGIMG_0433.JPGIMG_2527.JPG

Any box will work as long as you line them with parchment paper. That's what I used for my first batch. Used coffee grounds works great as an exfoliant, as does ground up oatmeal which is a little softer, and coarse corn meal. Just stir them in when your batter reaches trace. You might want to rinse the coffee grounds or they'll darken your soap. Good luck and post some pics!

6A6E3683-F14A-4C49-87FB-DFE0FE889BF0.jpeg
First batch.
Not sure why the same batter just in smaller soap molds is white and softer where the loaf is harder and darker. Will see how it is in 4-6 weeks.
Thanks for the help everyone in making this happen. ❤️

View attachment 64152
First batch.
Not sure why the same batter just in smaller soap molds is white and softer where the loaf is harder and darker. Will see how it is in 4-6 weeks.
Thanks for the help everyone in making this happen. ❤️

It probably didn't gel in the smaller molds. It's harder to get a smaller mold to gel. Ungelled soap looks more opaque and can take a little longer to harden.

It probably didn't gel in the smaller molds. It's harder to get a smaller mold to gel. Ungelled soap looks more opaque and can take a little longer to harden.

Thank you! I was just re reading some threads in the beginners forum and was wondering if that’s what happened. Makes sense. Maybe next time I’ll put it on a heating pad.

Back