New to soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MKRainville

Reaction score
HI! my name is Mary Kathryn (MK for short) and i'm very interested in making soap. I have done the craft store melt and pour style for a bit and realized I really want to make it from scratch... However I have never tried it. I have used hand made soaps for years that I purchased from craft fairs. I just want to learn how to make my own.

I love aromatherapy, and I have about 25 EO's ( I am a massage therapist who mixes her own oils )

I am looking to make my first batch - however I do not have any recipes

If anyone wants to send me an easy recipe I am interested in the cold process.

MK :D

Welcome MK!

You're gonna love soapmaking!

I've never made this recipe - but I've read rave reviews about it!
Try Soapmaker Man's (Our beloved Paul) WalMart Recipe. You can et everything you need at Walmart, except the lye - try a local hardware for that.

Ask all the questions you want! Everyone here is very helpful, and we have some very smart cookies.

Most importantly - we LOVE PICTURES!

Welcome MK.
( I am a massage therapist who mixes her own oils )
My wife is a massage therapist as well. Only she will catch me using some of her oils and mixing them into a batch of soap from time to time.

Enjoy the forum.

Bruce

Hello Irish Lass

Top of the morning to you Mary Kathlene from a Kiwi , Aussi ,Irish passport holder.
What a perfect extension of your present knowledge and life style ypu have chosen.
Where in Ireland are you?
You will love being here.
Mary

Wellcome - I am sure you will love it here, the people are wonderful and very helpful. Do not be afraide to ask questions, as the ammount of knowledge here is a little scary.

~Roy

Re: Hello Irish Lass

starduster said:
Top of the morning to you Mary Kathlene from a Kiwi , Aussi ,Irish passport holder.
What a perfect extension of your present knowledge and life style ypu have chosen.
Mary

I wish I were in Ireland (one day)
I actually live in Virginia! I am irish (but I am also a melting pot of everything else from Powhatan Indian, to polish, english, scotch...

I picked that picture because it looked my lucky shamrock (that I keep laminated in my wallet)

thanks for the welcome :)
MK

Greenman said:
Wellcome - I am sure you will love it here, the people are wonderful and very helpful. Do not be afraide to ask questions, as the ammount of knowledge here is a little scary.

~Roy

Thank you! I have lots of questions. like...where to begin! LOL thats a pretty big question.

I have decided that I would like to start with a cold press Olive Oil soap with some sort of EO... probably peppermint... since its Christmas time now

Re: Hello Irish Lass

mkbaber said:
starduster said:
Mary

I wish I were in Ireland (one day)
I actually live in Virginia! I am irish (but I am also a melting pot of everything else from Powhatan Indian, to polish, english, scotch...

I picked that picture because it looked my lucky shamrock (that I keep laminated in my wallet)

thanks for the welcome :)
MK

Well Mary Kathlene is very Irish. You are still as welcome as paddy's Ale.
Come on in

Bigmoose said:
Welcome MK.
( I am a massage therapist who mixes her own oils )
My wife is a massage therapist as well. Only she will catch me using some of her oils and mixing them into a batch of soap from time to time.

Enjoy the forum.

Bruce

Thats awesome! I would love to try that too! How does it work out for you?? the massage oils?

I mostly use a veg. base massage oil. I figure the skin is absorbant... we should be putting oils on it that we would eat. Because anything that is petroleum based isnt good for the skin... toxic! eek.

thanks for the welcome
MK

Deda said:
Welcome MK!

You're gonna love soapmaking!

I've never made this recipe - but I've read rave reviews about it!
Try Soapmaker Man's (Our beloved Paul) WalMart Recipe. You can et everything you need at Walmart, except the lye - try a local hardware for that.

Ask all the questions you want! Everyone here is very helpful, and we have some very smart cookies.

Most importantly - we LOVE PICTURES!

Thanks for the recipe!!
I havent decided if thats the one for me yet! but when I do try one I will send photo's for sure!

Ive been looking at all the photos and some of these soaps are GORGEOUS!

I want to swirl my soap but I dont even know where to begin. I think I will start with a simple one colored soap and then swirl the second batch.

MK

Latest posts

Back