New to soap making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lina5891

Reaction score
Hi i am new to soap making (melt and pour not cold process) and im learning through youtube and online forums and i want to know how to use stearin? I googled why my soaps tend to sweat and i read stearin can be used. I bought sterin but no instruction came with it on how to use or how much to use, can you help please?

Just dropping in to say Hi and Welcome! I'm sure someone will be along soon to answer your question about using sterin in M&P.

It would be better for you to put your soaps on a rack with a fan and let them dry for a week or so. It will help tremendously with weeping m&p even in humid weather. I would not add stearin to m&p. You can check with the manufacturer of your base.

Welcome to the forum. Melt & Pour soap does sweat as the high glycerin content draws moisture from the atmosphere. If you shrink wrap you soap, or put it in plastic bags, that should help.

How long are you letting them dry? Are you adding oils? How much fragrance are you using?

I ask because there are a lot of factors that can cause sweat.

If you are asking me, my daughter would let them dry for approx 2 weeks before wrapping. Humidity does make a difference but we have been having high humidity here the last few years. Granted not as bad as some states but still high. She used the highest fragrance load for the particular m&p she was using, which was either bases from Essentials by Catalina or Stephenson's bases.

She used different bases for a particular reasons. An example was her marshmallow soaps that no one has been able to duplicate, even though BB tried, but the key was which m&p base worked and only one did. It was a 2 yr process for her to nail down. Also her frosting for her cupcakes dried well, did not smash in shipping and did not fall off the cupcakes, which only worked with one base...

Back