new to liquid soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you go to page 2 of this forum, there is a heading 101 liquid soap making video. Lot's to read to get you going or alternatively type into Google how to make liquid soap.

thank you. I have tried goodle but my first attempt came out gelatinous. I feel I'm doing something wrong. I'll check out the video.

thank you. I have tried goodle but my first attempt came out gelatinous. I feel I'm doing something wrong. I'll check out the video.
When you make liquid soap, you start by creating a "paste" - like a soft and sticky dough. That paste has to be diluted with an appropriate amount of water to make a liquid soap. The video recommended by @Relle is a good way to get started.

how do you make it?
I assume you already know how to make hard bars and follow all the safety requirements when working with lye??? If so, there are about as many different ways to make LS as there are LS'ers! LOL Alaiyna B's Blog Spot follows Catherine Failor who wrote "the Bibie" on liquid soapmaking in 2000. It will get you off on the right foot. Be sure to browse all her tutorials. The one for making shampoo has pictures that show you what to expect.

BASIC BEGINNER LIQUID SOAP TUTORIAL

You can then use the Search feature in the upper right corner of this page to access threads about Liquid Soap making.

Back