New to here,Show my soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lilahblossom said:
You start there at the University! Other Chinese students to start because they know the wonder of home made soap. Other girls will follow. Girls love soap that doesn't dry out their skin. You should have a good following there. Give out some small samples, that's what I do. Word will get around quickly.

Maybe I should make more local friends~ :D But I am too shy.......
And in my country, university students might despise student like me who is not totally focus on academics. Even advisor, instructors will try to stop you from this. I am afraid if Americans also think it that way?
And school life is busy enough~

Believe me, nobody is going to "despise" you for not focusing on your academics, lol.

I've had a peek at your auctions, and good for your for blowing out of the box like that with only 20 feedback. I would have someone who speaks better English and with a good grasp of grammar proof read them. They come across as somewhat unprofessional. Might hurt your sales, considering your strong online competition.

Selling on eBay is a lot of work and not for the faint of heart. Your price point seems fine, but are you sure you're going to turn a profit considering your shipping costs? Are you ready to report any taxable income?

brandnew said:
Cut the pumpkin in half , scoop out the seeds and roast in the oven ,cut-side down, for about 45 minutes or til tender...depending on the size of your pumpkin...then scoop out the flesh and puree it. Some people boil it but I find, at least for pies, there's more flavour. Do the Chinese eat the pumpkin seeds also? You can soak them in salted water and roast them slowly so they don't burn. Kids love 'em! Sorry a bit of a deviation of subject...

I wanted to ask you also if the soaps have to be used within a certain amount of time with the pumpkin content..i.e. within 6 months?

It's great having you on the site prettypoppy! And PLEASE don't forget us when you do the rice soap!! It sounds interesting!!! Your adventurousness is so encouraging :D

Chinese people eat pumpkin seeds! And to be honest, we don't waste any edible material, especially in the country where people are sometimes not rich enough to buy a lot of snacks.
It is a popular snack. But the cooking style is different, we heat them in a big steal or iron pan. Stir it constant till the seed surface is a little burn. I never do this at home, because it needs skills, I just buy some from the store when I want to eat~ We call this Melon seeds, because all the melons or fruit that contain edible big seeds, we will eat them!

I think you should keep watching your pumpkin soap, but I think 1 year life is ok if the environment is not very humid.

Hausfrau007 said:
Believe me, nobody is going to "despise" you for not focusing on your academics, lol.

I've had a peek at your auctions, and good for your for blowing out of the box like that with only 20 feedback. I would have someone who speaks better English and with a good grasp of grammar proof read them. They come across as somewhat unprofessional. Might hurt your sales, considering your strong online competition.

Selling on eBay is a lot of work and not for the faint of heart. Your price point seems fine, but are you sure you're going to turn a profit considering your shipping costs? Are you ready to report any taxable income?

Next time I will let my American friend help me correct my ebay description................. I am confused a bout the " taxable income"? What is that?

The IRS wants a part of what you make on eBay, that's taxable income. Also, I forgot to mention, because you sell to Americans in the USA, put the weightnof your soaps in ounces. Few Americans know what to make of grams. :)

Hausfrau007 said:
The IRS wants a part of what you make on eBay, that's taxable income. Also, I forgot to mention, because you sell to Americans in the USA, put the weightnof your soaps in ounces. Few Americans know what to make of grams. :)

Thank you for your advice~~
If the tax you mentioned the same as ebay fees? ebay charged 10% of my selling!! That is really high~ In China, that is free for beginners to attract more people sell on internet~

I have no idea how much the IRS wants of your profits -- all I'm saying is don't forget to report your income. Selling on eBay is a tricky thing and a LOT of work ....

Having said that, just to make things clear, if you're an occasional seller on eBay, ie you want to get rid of old baby clothes or sell garage-sale type stuff to clean out your cluttered basement, that's not considered taxable income. As soon as you sell things regularly and manufacture things to sell (like making soap), that's considered taxable income that you have to report to the IRS.

With respect to your PM, I'm really sorry, poppy, but I'm not going to rewrite your eBay listings for you. That's (number one) a crapload of work to ask of a stranger you've met on the Internet and (number two) a very very personal preference-type-thing. Sellers on eBay spend many, many hours crafting the wording for their listings to be just perfect and to reflect what exactly they want to say. For a multitude of reasons, I can't be that person for you -- I'm sure you can understand that.

Hausfrau007 said:
I have no idea how much the IRS wants of your profits -- all I'm saying is don't forget to report your income. Selling on eBay is a tricky thing and a LOT of work ....

Having said that, just to make things clear, if you're an occasional seller on eBay, ie you want to get rid of old baby clothes or sell garage-sale type stuff to clean out your cluttered basement, that's not considered taxable income. As soon as you sell things regularly and manufacture things to sell (like making soap), that's considered taxable income that you have to report to the IRS.

With respect to your PM, I'm really sorry, poppy, but I'm not going to rewrite your eBay listings for you. That's (number one) a crapload of work to ask of a stranger you've met on the Internet and (number two) a very very personal preference-type-thing. Sellers on eBay spend many, many hours crafting the wording for their listings to be just perfect and to reflect what exactly they want to say. For a multitude of reasons, I can't be that person for you -- I'm sure you can understand that.

Ok, that is fine~
We just focus on soap making skills here~

Latest posts

Back