New to Forum :) Have a au natural B.B. question...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Zany Natrasorb is Tapioca , modified tapioca starch, you are wrong. If in doubts check inci name
Potato starch is nice in powders but would not work very well in BB, with presence of water it become glutinous consistency
  • NATRASORB BATH starch is able to absorb and carry large quantities of oils and anhydrous liquids, such as bath oils, carrier oils and fragrance oils. The starch is processed in a manner that creates unique 'pockets' that can carry the oils essentially in a solid, powder form. NATRASORB BATH starch is hydrophilic so that once the starch comes in contact with water, it immediately dissolves, releasing loaded oils, fragrances and/or emulsifiers, dispersing them into the warm water. The starch itself provides a soft feel to the bath water, but does not settle or leave a film.
Technical Specs:
clear1x1.gif

• Natrasorb can generally take 10%-15% oil load by weight without showing any change but can be used at any percentage in your products.
  • EcoCertified natural by ECOCERT France SAS
  • INCI: Tapioca Starch
  • Note: This product is extremely light. 1 cup of Natrasorb Bath weighs only 28 grams / 1 oz

Thank you for the breakdown! I just got all sorts of confused lol I was like—did I do my research wrong?? Phew, It is definitely a tapioca startch. I do not use corn startch in my bath bombs. I know a lot of people prefer it, but I’m not a fan. Personal preference.
It’s really that light, eh? Oooh I can’t wait for it to come in!! I’ll definitely show and share once completed :)
Thank you again, lovelies, for all the advice and knowledge ☺️

Last edited:
Wait.. I’m confused, please help - is it all INCI:Tapioca starch? What’s the ‘modified Tapioca starch’ inci? Is it the same? (I have tapioca starch! No modification as far as I know )
Thanks y’all!

Hi and welcome! I love making bath bombs myself.

I have a suggestion to make for bubbles the natural way. Have you tried cocoate? . Is all natural, and will create bubbles as well as act as a surfactant.

Also if you use natural colors in your BB. Watch out, some of them can really stain your tub IMO.

And your BB in the picture are gorgeous!!!!!!

No Zany Natrasorb is Tapioca , modified tapioca starch, you are wrong.
Potato starch is nice in powders but would not work very well in BB, with presence of water it become glutinous consistency
Thank you, Dahila. I stand corrected. My memory just isn't what it used to be! Boohoo. Good info about using potato starch in BBs too. I'll keep that in mind if I ever make bath bombs. It's still on my Round Tuit list!

Wait.. I’m confused, please help - is it all INCI:Tapioca starch? What’s the ‘modified Tapioca starch’ inci? Is it the same? (I have tapioca starch! No modification as far as I know )
Thanks y’all!
on labels or for CNF if in Canada inci name is Tapioca starch,
We know it is modified so it dissolves in water ;)
INCI: Tapioca starch
Zany we all get confused, I have so many additives that I love new feature in SM3 which is "Search" :)

I have so many additives that I love new feature in SM3 which is "Search" :)
Cool! Soapmaker is such a wonderful tool. You're lucky to have it. Unfortunately, because I've always had an iMac, but not MS Word, it wasn't available. Back in the day, I was on a forum with "Woody" (Betty?) Woodman whose husband designed the program for her and then went public with it. She promised me a Mac version "some day" but by the time it came along, I had developed a system that worked for me. As a small timer, I thought I really didn't need it, but looking back, I wish I had it! :rolleyes:

No still not version for mac, but Crawford is in the Soapmaker support group, giving support everyday. The version I had 4 years ago was very simple, the one we have now is awesome. A lot of people buy cheap windows laptop to use for SM3 and the labels .

Hi and welcome! I love making bath bombs myself.

I have a suggestion to make for bubbles the natural way. Have you tried cocoate? . Is all natural, and will create bubbles as well as act as a surfactant.

Also if you use natural colors in your BB. Watch out, some of them can really stain your tub IMO.

And your BB in the picture are gorgeous!!!!!!

Hi doll! Thank you :) and me too!! Making my “potions” are my favourite thing to do. Literally lol. They’re tedious little buggers, but I love em!! Lol

I haven’t tried cocoate? What is that? And I know.. natural dyes can be quite tricky. Another reason I’m so interested in trying the natrasorb. So far, I haven’t had any problems with rings or staining, but cross fingers there! Lol

Thank you so much

91A3CC33-F640-4149-9DFE-7611ABF14505.jpeg
These are my Turmeric and Wild Orange Bath Bombs. Turmeric can give you that soft yellow colour naturally. I used about 2 tsp in this batch. And I LOVE the colour it gave me. There is 1/4 tsp of SLSA in it as well, instead of PS80. I guess it does the same trick? No staining. :) when the Natrasorb comes in, I will test a batch with that instead of the SLSA.

Natrasorb will not give you bubbles, :) they are nice, I do not use herbs or flowers in mine because, it is disaster for plumbing , Very beautiful products :)

There is 1/4 tsp of SLSA in it as well, instead of PS80. I guess it does the same trick? No staining. :) when the Natrasorb comes in, I will test a batch with that instead of the SLSA.
Gorgeous BBs! Well done, UTCB. I'm drooling.
Okay. So. Just to clarify,
SLSA is used to boost bubbles.
PS80 is used to make oils/essential oils water-soluble.
Natrasorb is used to help keep the tub from becoming slippery after the water is drained.
You could actually use all three, depending on whatever else is in your recipe. I haven't made BBs but I did make SSes (Shower Steamers) for Christmas gifts last year. Similar construction. Not nearly as pretty as yours, but I can always hope that one day, with this kind of inspiration, they will be.
Thanks for sharing!
Thank You.gif

Gorgeous BBs! Well done, UTCB. I'm drooling.
Okay. So. Just to clarify,
SLSA is used to boost bubbles.
PS80 is used to make oils/essential oils water-soluble.
Natrasorb is used to help keep the tub from becoming slippery after the water is drained.
You could actually use all three, depending on whatever else is in your recipe. I haven't made BBs but I did make SSes (Shower Steamers) for Christmas gifts last year. Similar construction. Not nearly as pretty as yours, but I can always hope that one day, with this kind of inspiration, they will be.
Thanks for sharing!
View attachment 29182

I can’t wait to test all of them together! Hopefully my order comes on soon.. lol
I hate the waiting part when I’m dying to experiment!
Aww thank you so much! That means a lot coming from all you talented ladies!!

when you use Slsa you do not use Polysor4bate cause it is unnecessary, slsa will disperse oils and colors, Natrasorb will make the scent stick and for me it makes nicer powders , fluffier. I do not use Poly , but I add powdered honey to the bb

when you use Slsa you do not use Polysor4bate cause it is unnecessary, slsa will disperse oils and colors, Natrasorb will make the scent stick and for me it makes nicer powders , fluffier. I do not use Poly , but I add powdered honey to the bb

Thanks hun. I thought so, because like I said earlier on to folk, I’ve never had a tub ring or staining problem, and I use some pretty vibrant colours in some of mine. Lake colours as well, and I’m guessing it’s the slsa that is helping with that ‍♀️ Lol

Hi doll! Thank you :) and me too!! Making my “potions” are my favourite thing to do. Literally lol. They’re tedious little buggers, but I love em!! Lol

I haven’t tried cocoate? What is that? And I know.. natural dyes can be quite tricky. Another reason I’m so interested in trying the natrasorb. So far, I haven’t had any problems with rings or staining, but cross fingers there! Lol

Thank you so much

Like these:
https://www.naturesgardencandles.com/sci/sodium-cocoyl-isethionate

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G0WY502/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I have not used it, but I hear it help a lot with bubbles.

Last edited by a moderator:
SCI is good in syndet bars but will not work in bb, people tried already, I must be dissolved which is not so easy, The only thing that will give you some bubbles is Bioterge 40 but not as much as slsa, and not that long lasting. The price for both is the same, while SCI is very expensive

Latest posts

Back