New Sub-Section for The Soap Making & Craft Forum

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckster51

Reaction score
@beckster51
I don't believe that I am being pushy or making demands here in this thread and I believe the vast majority of posters here will support me regarding that issue.

Perhaps it is just your perception of the things.

I cannot control how you perceive it.
Well, you won't drop it, so that is my definition of being pushy. You are a relatively new member, and you are trying to rally members to force the admins to do your bidding. You are right, that is my perception. I bear you no ill will, but this is not a popularity contest or for that matter a democracy, and you should not be treating it as one.

Reaction score
well-intended as it might have been with your original idea. I would have said “sorry, i didnt mean to offend you.”

Calling out admin publically because they disagreed with your idea is wrong.
Well to be honest I believe you're reading way more into this than what I said.
You're making assumptions and implications of me which I did not state. I am currently working on this with the admins in a private manner. All I stated was that I was miffed. Not upset, not angry or being mean.

I have been trying to maintain a positive outlook on all of this.

Well, you won't drop it, so that is my definition of being pushy. You are a relatively new member, and you are trying to rally members to force the admins to do your bidding.
So I guess you want me to just sit in the background and not post any more regarding this thread.
I may be a relative new member, however that doesn't mean I have to follow some sort of hierarchal chart of seniority.

I AM NOT trying to FORCE the admins to do MY BIDDING... again that is your perception of the matter.

I truly am sorry that you feel this way and that you've perceived my responses in such a manner. This is not my intention by any stretch of the imagination.
I am currently working with the admins in a PM manner regarding this thread's ideas.

Reaction score
From this point moving forward I will try to be a kinder, gentler Professor Bernardo!

Regarding Professor Bernardo de La Paz:
He's elderly, enjoys giving a good lecture, and has probably read more books than some libraries have shelf space for. But Professor Paz, or Prof as his friends call him, shares one quality in common with all other rebels: He revolts against traditional and societal norms.

That is me personally in a nutshell, that is why is use the name as my moniker here on this forum. I am a Classical Libertarian at heart, like Thomas Jefferson.

Like me, love me, hate me or despise me, this is how I am.

Meanwhile... back at the ranch, Sky King and Penny are warming up the Song Bird for another exciting adventure this Saturday Afternoon!
~~ Brought to you by NABISCO!
skyking000.jpg

Cat&Oak

Reaction score
I think the reactions of some are ridiculous. He didn't come on here with a torch and pitchfork and demand that admin make a new subsection. And so what if he is new? He had no idea he was stepping on toes and even volunteered to gather all pertinent information so admin doesn't have to do any extra work. That doesn't mean he needs to be called out and burned at the stake for an innocent request. Give me a break.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
All the previous posts would have to be found and moved manually to start a New Sub Forum.
Thank you for your helpful, succinct and gracious response.🥰
Since that is a daunting task at best, no matter who is willing to do it, it serves no useful purpose in that not ALL previous posts are relevant. So, "New Sub Forum" is off the table.
You are welcome to ask the opinion of others, but that doesn't mean you will get your wish.
:) :thumbup:
On that basis, this thread should be allowed to continue with the caveat that members can still vote Yay or Nay.
@Admin/Mods - If members go off topic, the OP (Original Poster, i.e., @Professor Bernardo) has the right to tick the "REPORT" button under the post to have it deleted promptly. Yes?
Admins moderate the forum without reimbursement so we do appreciate being approached in advance.
"being approached in advanced" doesn't mean "privately". Yes?
Please correct me if I'm out of line, but this thread was correctly posted in:
Website announcements, comments, suggestions, FAQ, updates, rules and news.
I hope we can all agree that the best solution might be one that has been suggested by @ResolvableOwl, @Marsi and @Johnez -- to create a new thread titled, Links to Shaving Soap for Beginners, or similar. If @Admin/Mods agree, that thread would then be posted as a Sticky in whichever forum they feel is most appropriate, i.e., Beginners Forum or Lye-Based Forum.

Pax Vobiscum 🙏

Last edited:

beckster51

Reaction score
I think the reactions of some are ridiculous. He didn't come on here with a torch and pitchfork and demand that admin make a new subsection. And so what if he is new? He had no idea he was stepping on toes and even volunteered to gather all pertinent information so admin doesn't have to do any extra work. That doesn't mean he needs to be called out and burned at the stake for an innocent request. Give me a break.
I think this response is a bit hyperbolic. We disagreed. One of the admins asked that he not do this, and we supported our unpaid admin who keeps this forum going. If they do it for him, they will have to do it for everybody who has a special interest, and that could result in a lot of individual requests and work. There is no way that anyone can set up a sub forum without making work for the admins. So, let's don't take it up a notch, let's take it down a notch. No one called him out, he put himself out there repeatedly, and no one threatened him in any way.

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have only one point to make on the subject, and it's not about a specific sub-forum. It's about this statement:
So far the vast majority support me and the idea.
Clearly, of 49 responses out of the number of active members here at SMF, a vast majority is not demonstrated within this thread. I see a dozen or less in favor, but not many people are really participating in this thread, perhaps because they don't want to get embroiled in an argument, which seems to have developed, and I would not blame them. I had the same feeling.

I am not saying this to be argumentative or to give my opinion one way or another about the validity of the request; only to clarify what appears on the surface as perceived by me based on my observations. I could be wrong of course, since I don't know if any members have sent private messages in support of a sub-forum for shave soaps, but if close to a dozen folks are in favor and there is a general lack of others responding, that indicated that there is not an overwhelming interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.