New Soaps by The Emerald Chicken

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Emerald_Chicken

Reaction score
I decided to make this thread as a place I can continue to post new soap pictures as I make more batches (instead of continually posting new threads).

Here are a few batches that I've made recently. All fragrances are from Bramble Berry.

Peach Prosecco
I modeled this batch off the Cucumber Melon one I made a few months back. It was an excellent soaping session, but I forgot to turn the heating pad off and overheated the loaf. This made some weird texture on the sides, much of which I planed off. Smells delicious!
IMG_4057b.jpg

Midnight Waters
When I first cut this one, I thought I'd made the top way too dramatic. But the more I look at it, the more I like it. Thankfully the layers didn't slump as much as I'd expected.
20210925_140353.jpg

Night Violet
(inspiration credits to Milkmade Soap)
Methinks the worst part of an embed soap is tediously lowering the embed into the mold and trying to keep it from sinking into the layer below. This batch has some air bubbles due to a decently thick trace (and a stick blender that recently started blending air into soap 🙁). I wish there was a subtler transition between the sky layers, but overall I'm pleased.
20210925_140626.jpg

I haven't made a lot of soap in the past few months, but I finally got around to photographing most of the batches I have made.

As before, all fragrances are from Bramble Berry.

Tobacco & Bay Leaf
This batch was modeled after one I made a year or so again, but I thought it turned out rather "meh" compared to what I was going for. I'm not sure why some mini drop swirls turn out amazing and others just look kinda streaky. Probably a difference in trace.
20220130_155217.jpg

Kentucky Bourbon
I LOVE these colors together. The copper mica (Copper Sparkle from BB) has a definite sparkle even in the soap. The fragrance is also a definite keeper although it does discolor. (The beige color was my uncolored soap batter.) I'm saddened by the yellow corners on the upper left and assume that the top edges of the loaf didn't quite fully gel (a recurring problem I have).
20220130_154937.jpg

English Rose
Here's the cut of this batch. Moderately pleased with the simple ITP swirl. I'm always a little nervous about doing a swirled design with a floral fragrance, but I worked fast and didn't have issues getting it in the mold.
IMG_5586b.jpg

Pomegranate & Black Currant
Not my favorite fragrance...it's very sweet. However, I see that BB no longer carries it. This was an experiment with a new recipe I formulated. The muted color scheme is different from my typical soaps, but I find it soft and pretty. Please excuse the cut marks from my planer.
20220130_155006.jpg

Rejuvenating Eucalyptus
My sister made this batch using the one pot wonder technique.
IMG_5577b.jpg

Kentucky Bourbon
I LOVE these colors together. The copper mica (Copper Sparkle from BB) has a definite sparkle even in the soap. The fragrance is also a definite keeper although it does discolor. (The beige color was my uncolored soap batter.) I'm saddened by the yellow corners on the upper left and assume that the top edges of the loaf didn't quite fully gel (a recurring problem I have).

I recently tested Kentucky Bourbon; definitely agree about the scent. Here is my result:

IMG_1450.jpg

It's been a while!...partly because I haven't been making much soap and partly because I haven't been photographing the few batches I have made. Finally my sister did some photography for me. Here are a few batches from the relatively recent past.

Night Violet
This is a batch that didn't turn out as expected, yet I love it. The layers got more pointy than I expected. It makes me think of a turbulent ocean.
IMG-20221029-WA0018.jpg

Wild Rose
From time to time I make rose-scented soap—not because I love it, but because my mom and grandma do. This was a new rose fragrance I got from Bramble Berry. Honestly, I think it's the only solid-colored loaf I've made in the past 4.5 years I've been soaping. I kinda like the simplicity.
IMG-20221029-WA0021.jpg

I really love the Night Violet Turbulent Ocean!! How the heck did you do that? These are great photos and great inspirations and I appreciate you sharing!
I meant to make layers that were slightly uneven, but the fragrance didn't quite accelerate like I thought it would, so the layers weren't able to support each other well. Basically I just poured layers, but the batter was thin enough that each layer broke through the previous one pretty significantly.

Oh joy! I just found that I do have pictures of a few other batches from the summer.

Garden Party
This is a newer fragrance from Bramble Berry, and I love it! While floral, it's light and sweet and not at all overpowering, IMO. This was made in a soaping session with a visiting out-of-state friend. First time using cranberry seeds on top. My Night Violet batch was modeled after this one.
IMG_0439b.jpg

Serenity
Here's another floral fragrance from Bramble Berry that I like. This batch was inspired by this soap by @Catscankim. I think this design could be beautiful in other colors as well.
IMG_0355b.jpg

Lemonade Stand
This batch was supposed to be a mini drops swirl, but the trace was thin and the drops zoomed around and became squiggles instead. I also got a partial gel which doesn't really show here. Not my favorite batch, partially because I don't love the fragrance.
20221031_201928.jpg

Last edited:
Back