New Soaps by The Emerald Chicken

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Energetic Blacksmith
I don't usually name my soaps, but that just popped into my head as I began this post :) This batch is made using @earlene's blacksmith soap recipe and is fragranced with Energy from Bramble Berry. I dumped in some charcoal for color and textured the top with a fork. Not pictured: partial gel that left a discolored spot in the center of each bar. (You can see this a little on the top one.)
20221203120745_IMG_2183.JPG

These three batches were made for a friend I first met on an airplane. She wanted some soap to give as Christmas gifts. I've sold soap to family and friends, but this was my first out-of-state order.

Cactus Flower
This batch was inspired by @Mobjack Bay's entry in the May 2021 challenge, but I used micas instead of natural colorants. I also eliminated the black and added white on the top and bottom. I don't think I've made a OPW since that challenge and was reminded of what a fun design it is.
20221203121234_IMG_2199.JPG

Serenity
A new color scheme for the basic layer/mica line/ITP swirl design that I've done multiple times before. I'm including a bonus picture of the tops because they looked so gorgeously glossy after I steamed them 😍
20221203121500_IMG_2206.JPG

20221203121645_IMG_2215.JPG

Sleigh Ride

I'm still questioning whether I should have used a more typical Christmas palette for this batch. Is it too reminiscent of the sea? In real life, the blues aren't quite as vivid as they look in this photo. I think the batch must have overheated a bit when gelling, which resulted in some interesting glycerin rivers in the bars. I tried a silver mica line for something different.
20221203121959_IMG_2227.JPG

Latest posts

Back