new soaplover from indonesia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonijoni

Reaction score
dear oh dear.... finally i catch you up here, guys!

hello, i'm from indonesia. please forgive me for my future wrong english. :razz:
i'm completely new in soapmaking and i think this forum can help me understand more than before.

i've made my first batch last saturday, but i think it was an awful first experience. i did oatmeal and honey soap (according to the video on youtube), but the final result was too far different.
i'm sure it was caused by my lack of "knowledge".
am i stupid? yes i was! but i believe that tomorrow will be a better days if you learn something from your mistakes!

now, can i ask right away or should i move to another subforum?

thx guys, hope my clear and bright path are just inches away...:razz:

Welcome to the forum. Don't be discouraged by a bad batch or two of soap, we all have bad experiences with soap making. Here are a couple of links with great info.

http://www.soaping101.com/

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR6ttCSrLJI&list=PLAADF6209996265D2[/ame]

Hello and welcome! I am always humbled by anyone who speaks a second language better than I speak my second language (it's so hard! For me at least).

What happened in your first batch? (that you could see during the making, and how it looks once finished) Giving us the exact recipe helps a lot. You could post it here, but you may get more attention to it by putting it in the CP Soap Forum with a title like "first batch, what went wrong?" or anything like that.

Doing an oatmeal and honey soap can be a little tricky; all food has sugar/carbohydrate in it and it heats up the soap reaction and can mess it up sometimes. Also, we recently helped someone else outside the US determine that the lye he was buying wasn't pure lye (or maybe wasn't stored properly by the seller, I can't recall) so your lye may be a suspect in this too!

Yay, another Indonesian. Tinggal dimana? Aku di Bandung.

Don't be dissapointed with the 1st batch and you can do new post in the appeopriate section :). Like 'Recipe Feedback' or 'CP soap forum' for question about making soap.

Welcome!! This is a fun place.
When there is something in your soap you don't understand, or didn't work, take pictures and post your recipe and steps to the CP soap forum and the very smart people here can usually figure it out.

wow.. feels like home with all your warm welcomes here. thanks guys, i'll start posting in CP subforum soon. hopefully this sunday i can do another honey soap. i'll let you know the result.

welcome... i'm from indonesia too. saya di jakarta. tuh btz di bandung :)

Think of your first batch as a learning experience. When starting out, do yourself a big favor and go simple. No color, no fragrance, no additives at all, and not too many oils and butters. When you are new to soap making, even those basics take some getting used to. And "plain" handmade soap is still amazing! Get comfortable with the basics first, and the rest will come much easier. Good luck with your second batch, and all the rest to follow!

Think of your first batch as a learning experience. When starting out, do yourself a big favor and go simple. No color, no fragrance, no additives at all, and not too many oils and butters. When you are new to soap making, even those basics take some getting used to. And "plain" handmade soap is still amazing! Get comfortable with the basics first, and the rest will come much easier. Good luck with your second batch, and all the rest to follow!

yes, Master...

Back