New Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve only been making soap since last July and while each one has been exciting for me, I think this is the first one that makes me feel like I actually know what I’m doing. I used indigo infused olive oil, alkanet root infused OO, and a touch of zinc oxide. For the indigo, I used the oil before shaking for the one section, and for the dark blue I shook it before pouring. At a local grocery store, they have shelves of clearance items at the front of the store. When I walked in, the cashier says everything on those shelves is free, take as much as you want. They had these tomato ties, that are basically little pieces of green pantyhose. I put that over my little strainer to try to keep out the bits of stuff in my infused oils, which worked very well. I goofed up and grabbed the wrong cup and poured some unshaken indigo in the alkanet section. I was afraid I would be disappointed but I’m not at all. I added an extra swirl for part of the loaf just to get two different looks. It’s so hard to wait to test it!

Attachments

• 73EBA639-AD54-4971-B450-3E263F6103C2.jpeg
    73EBA639-AD54-4971-B450-3E263F6103C2.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 291795A2-CB5C-43A5-AC12-A5393C1BAC29.jpeg
    291795A2-CB5C-43A5-AC12-A5393C1BAC29.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 24
I’ve only been making soap since last July and while each one has been exciting for me, I think this is the first one that makes me feel like I actually know what I’m doing. I used indigo infused olive oil, alkanet root infused OO, and a touch of zinc oxide. For the indigo, I used the oil before shaking for the one section, and for the dark blue I shook it before pouring. At a local grocery store, they have shelves of clearance items at the front of the store. When I walked in, the cashier says everything on those shelves is free, take as much as you want. They had these tomato ties, that are basically little pieces of green pantyhose. I put that over my little strainer to try to keep out the bits of stuff in my infused oils, which worked very well. I goofed up and grabbed the wrong cup and poured some unshaken indigo in the alkanet section. I was afraid I would be disappointed but I’m not at all. I added an extra swirl for part of the loaf just to get two different looks. It’s so hard to wait to test it!
Wow wow wow wow wow! Really stunning colors and design!

Latest posts

Back