New soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeroll

Reaction score
I was driving through the mountains this weekend and got inspired. Scented with cedar, cypress, patchouli, litsea and a touch of lemongrass EOs.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, especially for my first try at a graphic soap. Anyone have any idea what the discoloration in the "sky" (woad powder) could be though? It wasn't there when I cut; it showed up the next morning. Thanks for looking.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1393373545.979426.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1393373719.720399.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySoap Making1393373586.188065.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySoap Making1393373586.188065.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 227
Beautiful soap! Sometimes I get that discoloration bloom around particulates like poppy seeds or Herb speckles. I don't think it's a problem.

That's a winner! It is simply beautiful and inspiring! I love the mountains myself, but then I am a NW girl....
Cheers!
Anna Marie

look how pretty those are!! What did you use for those beautiful colors?
No idea what the woad speckles are, be interested to know.

Thanks, all.

Seawolfe, the sky is woad, mountains are indigo and activated charcoal, and the trees are spirulina. The woad now seems to be morphing into a greenish color - I'm totally at a loss!

oh my, how creative. i've never made soap based on a scenery before. love how these turn out!

And that my friends is art work on a soap not kidding it looks like a painting

Back