New soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSowers

Reaction score
Ginger Appletini
100_2503.jpg

Magnolia
100_2504.jpg

They look really good! For the pink ones... did you do your swirl in the pot? I recently tried a batch kind of colored like that, but it didn't turn out as nice.

For the colors I use BCN's Gel Tone Colors, and for the swirls, I do swirl in the pot. But you have to make sure the batch is not real thick. Take out some of your soap, and add color, then hold it really high above the pot when you pour it, then lower the pour closer and finish pouring. I kind of hit and miss sometimes also, but as long as the batch is kind of thin, it swirls better.

The Ginger Appletini thickened up to much on me.

Thanks for the great comments. I have seen better looking soap on here.

Want to order one of Paul's slab molds soon.

FSowers said:
For the colors I use BCN's Gel Tone Colors, and for the swirls, I do swirl in the pot. But you have to make sure the batch is not real thick. Take out some of your soap, and add color, then hold it really high above the pot when you pour it, then lower the pour closer and finish pouring. I kind of hit and miss sometimes also, but as long as the batch is kind of thin, it swirls better.

Thanks for the info! I always try and swirl thick, so that may be my problem...

Latest posts

Back