New soap mold makes massive bars.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luebella

Reaction score
Wow I wasn't expecting this lol! For those who use a 7 or 7.5 lb mold from nurture how much product ounces do you put in? I'm trying to figure out a reasonable amount. These bars are over 7 ounces and I'm used to 4.5 to 5 ounces. Also if I do make them shorter and do piped fancy tops will the mold on the sides of it mess them up?

1448925188019.jpg

1448925194485.jpg

Actually figured out how much I'm gonna try. Seeing these big bars were cool though lol. Lavender peppermint rosemary

Ty for the idea! And just wrap the wood in freezer paper? I wouldn't have to line entire. Mold?

It's a wood mold with silicone liner. If I out the wood in the bottom it would. Just raise up the liner. The liner is as deep as the mold

I sometimes wish I had a taller mold since I also use mine as a mitre box for cutting. When I have big tops I have to guess where today start my cut.

I wish their smaller molds had those dimensions! I really want a log mold (not a column mold) that has equal height and width so I can make squares. I don't like to make batches of that size (the lye + oils would weigh more than 10 lbs!).

Back