New Soap Maker on Board

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrywilson

Reaction score
Hello Everyone I'm from Tampa Florida, 1st time here. I hope to learn a little more about how to perfect my soaps through this forum and hope to help others with any suggestions or tips I may be able to offer. Happy Soap Making :D

HI Sherrie,

Welcome. I have not belonged that long to this forum but have been making soy candles and B&B for about 5 years. I don't mind helping when I can.

Thank you, I will definitely try your suggestions. I have been getting a little frustrated with my soy container candles this week. I have never had a problem with my 'pillar' soy candles. I am starting to wonder if it may be my vegetable color dye blocks which I just recently started ordering from Alabaster fragrance & Color. I purchase my soy wax from Wholesalesuppliesplus.com. Where do you purchase your wax, color and fragrance for your soy candles? and do all soy candles have a very small melt pool or do you think I may be using the wrong wicks? Where are you from? Do you do this for fun or is this your business. I have never been a Forum kinda' gal before but everyone seems to be very helpful and informative on these Forums. Thanks again for all the help! Hopefully I will be able to return the favor some time soon. I will be sure to let you know how my next batch turns out. Have a great day :D

If you are not getting a full mp with your candles, then you definately need to wick up. Not all fragrances will necessarily use the same type and size of wick. Also, soy can change from batch to batch which can change the properties of the wax and can effect your burn. This is why testing is really important. You never stop testing. To help you better, it would help to know what wax, jars, wicks and additives you use.

I am not a hobbiest chandler or soaper. I have my own business where I sell b&b, soaps and soy candles. I feel lucky to be able to do something I love. My soy wax is my own blend that I developed when I didn't like the waxes I was testing. All of my recipes are my own that I either developed myself or found a recipe that I tweaked to make my own. Be aware when trying recipes out there that you will find on the web. Not all of them are good or will work.

Thanks Mandy, I'm so pleased we found your forum. Everyone has been so incredibly helpful so far. My husband and I have overcome some huge obsticles this week because of all your suggestions and helpful advice. Thanks again to everyone, Kevin & Sherry :D

Back