New soap maker FL

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah

Reaction score
Soap making is my hobbie 5 months. Also a way to make extra money doing something i most enjoy..
I love to give the soap as gifts to my sisters and daughter..
They are my soap testers.... SO FAR NO COMPLAINTS..

Anyone have a soap recipe for Lavender goat milk 32 bars 6lbs. of oils.

How much lavender buds and EO

I have tried a few .. They turned a cream color.. Would like to get the brown tan color for goat milk soap..

Love reading all the great tips!!

Thanks,
Leah

Hi Leah! Welcome to the forum. It's not so much a recipe you need as the technique to achieve the lightest coloured GM soap as possible! It took me a year to get a unique system down, but now I have it perfected. Lots of good info here, and I'll help as much as I can since I only make goat milk soaps!

Paul.... :wink:
A GM Soapier!
TOG Soapmaking Tools!

Nice to meet you.. I dont make goats milk soap, but I can make some CP SOAP! LOL

Welcome!

smellitlikeitis said:
Nice to meet you.. I dont make goats milk soap, but I can make some CP SOAP! LOL

Welcome!

I make HP soap from scratch , I do buy my lye...
I like doing it the old fashioned way and watching the stages the mixture transforms into. I like to have it gel..
I make 32- 4oz. bars at a time.
Just finished making a batch of goat milk, Lavender EO with Lavender tops.

I remember seeing My mom and grandmother making soap back in the 70's .

Happy soaping!!!

Leah

I used to use lavender buds, still have about 3 ounces in a bag. I think they kinda look like mouse turds. :oops: I quit using them when a young girl at a show screamed; "Look mommy, there must have been a mousie on that soap last night, lookie at those turds! Ewwww!!" :lol: :lol: Nope, no more "mouse turds" in my lavender soap! :lol:

Paul...
A "mouse free turd" Soapier :lol:

Soapmaker Man said:
I used to use lavender buds, still have about 3 ounces in a bag. I think they kinda look like mouse turds. :oops: I quit using them when a young girl at a show screamed; "Look mommy, there must have been a mousie on that soap last night, lookie at those turds! Ewwww!!" :lol: :lol: Nope, no more "mouse turds" in my lavender soap! :lol:

Paul...
A "mouse free turd" Soapier :lol:

I don't know about that .. Most grown women do enjoy using the lavender soap with the tops.. Children don't know what they are missing...

To each his own..

What I've been doing is to powder the buds and add to my batter softened in a bit of goat milk. You still get all the benefits of the buds and no "turd" looks from innocent children. I just thought it was funny was all! :lol: Didn't mean to offend! :oops: :?

Paul... :wink:

Soapmaker Man said:
What I've been doing is to powder the buds and add to my batter softened in a bit of goat milk. You still get all the benefits of the buds and no "turd" looks from innocent children. I just thought it was funny was all! :lol: Didn't mean to offend! :oops: :?

Oh no, thanks so much for the tips.. I will powder my buds next time..

I bet it was funny!!

Do you also use the EO when you do the lavender bud powder?
Leah

Soapmaker Man said:

It would be nice if the buds opened when added at trace.. lol

Leah said:
Soapmaker Man said:

Oh no, thanks so much for the tips.. I will powder my buds next time..

I bet it was funny!!

Do you also use the EO when you do the lavender bud powder?

Leah

Yes I do at .6 Oz. PPO. I use the Lavender 40/42 EO.

soapbuddy said:
Welcome!

Irena
Thank you Irena,

Do you have a specialty soap that you make??

Paul is the goat milk and lavender soap KING!!! LOL

You know Leah, we just this spring moved from Kissimmee, FL back to Missouri. We spend 4 years in Kissimmee. We got "homesick" for MO and had to return to our roots, and my father died about 1-1/2 years ago and I promised my mom to come home. We love it here in SW MO.
One great big benefit----Farm Fresh Goat Milk to make my soap with. You just cant beat fresh from the udder goat milk! 8)

Drag,

If you are leaving the "mousie turds" alone this time, what do you normally do with them :shock: ?

Let me send you a bar of my "Lavender Fields" soap, and you can see! LOL I do grind them in a coffee mill until powdered then add goat milk to it and make a thin paste. I let set for a few hours to moisten up then add to my batter! Powdered and soaked, they don't get scratchy!

Back