New Soap Bud

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forster

Reaction score
I'm not sure what pushed me over the edge to start soaping but I blame the internets. My house will soon be inundated with a lifetime supply of soap. The Mrs. is formulating plans to start giving it away to everyone she knows so as I can continue making the stuff to my hearts content (I need more hobbies as the kids have all flown the coop and I'm driving her nuts).

I started off with the 3 kits from ED so I could give it a whirl and have some molds. Yesterday I mixed up a masterbatch of oils to make 10 4# loaves and made 3 of them today. Lavender/lime, lavender/rosemary (both from recipes) and said the heck with it and made some cedarwood/juniper to see how it turns out.

I need to get me some pine essential oil and I really, really want to harvest some local sagebrush leaves (smells heavenly) to see if I can dry some of it out for an exfoliate and/or make some "tea" with it to lightly scent some soap. My only concern with the sagebrush is that I need to find out if it's okay to use in soap. I'll be quite sad if it turns out to be an irritant.

I'm also quite sure I'm now on some NSA list somewhere due to the amount of lye I've acquired.

Anywho, been browsing the forums for a bit picking up tidbits for a while, thought I might as well join and introduce myself.

Last edited:
Welcome! Sounds like you've caught the soaping bug!

You might try a smaller batch size - then you can experiment more without inundating your home with soap!

Welcome! Sounds like you've caught the soaping bug!

You might try a smaller batch size - then you can experiment more without inundating your home with soap!

Hmmm, that is a thought, then when a new scent combination doesn't quite turn out I won't have 11 of em laying around, lol.

I also need to get better at labeling soon, cause while I remember what I made now I can guarantee a couple of months down the road and 15-20 soap recipes later I'm gonna be scratching my head at what that greenish soap is.

Latest posts

Back