New Scents from MMS

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first FOs I ever ordered were from MMS. I can still detect the Osmanthus (3% ppo) scent in a test soap from the summer of 2019. I recently blended a last bit of Osmanthus with a little lime FO (BB) and really like the combination. In my experience, MMS Osmanthus is a very well-behaved FO.

I guess I don't understand the difference in a grainy batter and one ricing. I haven't had a problem with the jasmine but I soap around 90. On most florals, especially if I have never used them I usually add a bit of the base oils to my fragrance oil to warm it up so that when I am incorporating the fragrance it is about the same temps as the base.

The first FOs I ever ordered were from MMS. I can still detect the Osmanthus (3% ppo) scent in a test soap from the summer of 2019. I recently blended a last bit of Osmanthus with a little lime FO (BB) and really like the combination. In my experience, MMS Osmanthus is a very well-behaved FO.

I love MMS Wild Mint and Ivy. I used it for the first time about 15 years ago when I did M&P, and I remembered all these years how much I liked it and recently got some to make CP soap and it's as lovely as I remember.

They used to have a scent I loved called Carrot, but it's not on the site any more. :(

"Books Abound" is wonderful. And it sticks to the skin for a bit, too.

The other MMS I have tried is Sweet grass, which I bought for a friend. She was very happy with the soap I made with it.
I soaped with Books Abound yesterday. It smells as good as I had expected. Except it accelerated trace. Granted it’s a faster moving recipe, but I just wasn’t expecting any acceleration. Also, it’s strong so I recommend 4%.

Back