New pour idea - thoughts on how it may work/come out

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueRose

Reaction score
I haven't done this yet as it will be difficult to set up and I don't want to waste my time if it won't be successful.

I'm thinking of a square mould maybe 12" x 12" or 16" x 16" and taking 5 PVC pipes ~ 18" long (length TBD) and placing them in the 4 corners and one in the center - space them as evenly from the walls as possible & spaced from the center pipe.

Make a recipe with various colors. The pipes will be filled up slowly and layered. Once filled, all pipes will be lifted & drained at the same time to give an unique pour.

I was thinking that pouring like this might give a different pour than doing each one individually as doing it individually will allow it to spread out too much.

Any ideas on how this pour might look and whether it may be worth the effort to try? The toughest part will be getting the soap to stay in the pipes until it is ready to flow/be lifted...

Interesting idea. A lot of how it looks will come down to the thickness of your trace. If it is really thin the tubes may leak and the colors may mix like an ITP swirl. Too thick and it may not come together well in the end. There is no harm in trying. Please share your results if you do it.

Back