New/Old soaper - howdy y'all

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good Evening Everyone :)

I joined the forum several months ago, but then went thru an unexpected move back to my old home that had been rented out.....and then needed a heavy dose of TLC (and still working on it) And then there's the ole job in retail during the holidays. I just haven't had the time to really hang out any.

I had a soap making business a few years ago, but after the divorce things just seemed to implode, and not with any good bubbles lol. Anyway, life is life, it's all good now.

It's been 5 years since I've been in business, and I've been working very hard to pull it all back together. Annnd after 5 years will probably need to ride my little bike with my "training wheels" for a bit. I can see that many things have changed in the business since I first began back in 2003. :think:

Hopefully over the coming "slow" winter months at work I'll have a little more time to participate and get to know everyone.

Welcome back soapmistress. Could you tell us your old name so we can merge your identities. You are not allowed more than one on the forum.

Good Morning Everyone :)

Sitting here with a cup of hot coffee, on a cold and snowy morning in the Appalachian mountains. I'm off work today with a ton of errands to do, and thought I'd take a minute to look at the forum.

I just wanna say "Thanks" to each of you for your warm welcome. It is a bit scary, trying to start over, and while I wouldn't wish misfortune on anyone, it's nice to know I'm not in the boat alone lol.

I really do appreciate your words of encouragement. :mrgreen:

Thanks Susie :mrgreen:

I made soooo many mistakes when I first started making soap years ago, and not so much the soaping part ( yes I had a few disasters, have to tell you about the moon ball sometime lol ) but wow, I was lousy at the business end, and I had a lot of difficulty staying on task. There were just SO MANY things I wanted to make, and try and experiment with.

So in the end, I did learn to stay a little more focused...kinda ;) lol

And now, I get to go forward with all that learning under my belt, staying focused on my strengths, and trying to start off on the right foot with the business part.

Back