Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 54510

Reaction score
New UK member and new to soap making, hopefully going to turn this into a business. After contracting covid 3 months ago I don't think I will be able to return to my old job as I am still suffering from breathlessness. Have made a very basic lavender soap which seems to have worked out very well, still curing so don't know how well yet. Now got to work on a base recipe that I can work with and get assessed. Fingers crossed this will all work out, any advice would be much appreciated.

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your long Covid symptoms. I still have smell and taste issues myself.

Assessments may approve your recipe, but only time and practice will make sure that you can consistently turn the approved recipes into good soap. Due to the cure time needed, that can take a fair amount of time, as well as feedback from volunteer testers. Fortunately, family and friends are usually happy to oblige in that way. 😉

We have some great threads here about determining whether you are ready to sell. And everyone here is happy to help you troubleshoot when the inevitable batch goes awry. Have fun, and don’t forget to share pics when you can!

Latest posts

Back