Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domoils soap

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
As I said I am new to soap making only tried it a few times and I getting to love it. I did the CP a couple times, want to try HP, but a bit skeptical using the liquid lye which I got from a local soaping company. I am from the Commonwealth of Dominica in the Caribbean, West Indies.
I was searching for information on using liquid lye, when I came on a link to this forum. Thank you for accepting the registration.

Hi and welcome!

I've not heard of lye being sold as a liquid before, but I think it will probably work if you know the concentration of it.

Did you mean cold and hot process? Sometimes that autocorrect function can change our words :)

Your liquid lye solution should be fine in hot process. After all, everyone makes a liquid lye solution (mixing NaOH with water) before adding it to our soap batter, yes? Yours is just pre-made for you, which is wonderful. Depending on the lye concentration of your solution, you will probably want to add more liquid for HP, since much liquid will evaporate during the cooking process.

Welcome.gif

I mentioned this before but it may be worth repeating for others. MMS calculator has a liquid lye option in addition to NaOH (sodium hydroxide) for hard bars and KOH (Potassium Hydroxide) for liquid soap. For CP (Cold Process) or HP (Hot Process) you would need to ask your supplier for the percentage of lye weight to water weight (% w/w) and enter that in the box provided. :)

Latest posts

Back