New Member in North New Jersey

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyAnyc

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I am a big fan of handmade soaps. I've been interested in making my own and experimenting.
I just joined the boards to do LOTS of research to pick up on all of your great tips and suggestions.

I would LOVE to find a local soaper in my area that would welcome me over to watch, listen and learn, through their process.

My favorite soap is Patchouli & Sandalwood. I also love lavender, citrus, lemon and verbena.

Okay, I just wanted to say HI and look forward to becoming an active member.

Joey :)

Hi Joey and welcome into our forum! We are here to help in any way. There is not such a thing as a "ridiculous" question on this forum! Welcome again!

Paul.... :wink:

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes!
Been reading up on posts and information.
Great stuff.

I'm a bit worried about LYE.
It's not something I really want in my home.
Sound extremely harsh. I'm assuming there
are alternatives to this.?. I hope so.

Everyone have a wonderful Holiday.
Look forward to getting to know some of you.

dragonfly princess said:
Where do you live?

Weehawken, NJ

I don't mess with lye, I do MP soap. I just asked where you live cuz I was born in Redbank, NJ. Was 6 weeks old when I left there. so I don't remember any of it!

If you want to make soap from scratch there is NO alternative. The definition of soap is lye + oils =soap.

You can melt & pour (I melt & pour), but that's whole other animal.

HI!!!!!! :lol: I'm in NJ too! I'm in Sparta. Have you starting making any cp yet?

joanne

Back