New member from Denmark

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

BirtheP

Reaction score
Hi there!
My name is Birthe, and I'm from Denmark.
A few years ago I tried making soap for the first time. It was fun, the soap was great but I got away from it all again.
Now I have started again. Have two batches of cold processed soaps curing right now, and lots of plans for new soaps!
I use a basic recipe which used sunflower seed oil and coconut oil. Works well!
Then I experiment a little with different add-ins and scents.
Any ideas for using dried plants? Herbal tea?
Thanks for reading:)
- Birthe

heartsong

Reaction score
welcome to the forum, birthe! many of use here use goatsmilk or coconut milk...some solar-infuse herbs like calendula or chamomile in the oils, etc.

roseb

Reaction score
Welcome! I recently read an article on Pinterest about using organic teas. Not just adding as part of your water, but adding the leaves in the soap. They made a rosemary and peppermint tea soap, which I'm going to try in a couple of weeks. Good luck and let us know what you decide to use.

Hazel

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Birthe,

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I brewed tea for the liquid and dried the tea leaves. After the leaves were thoroughly dry, I used a coffee grinder to process the leaves even smaller. Then I used them in the batch as an exfoliant. They really weren't very exfoliating but I liked how they looked in the soap.

Dorado

Reaction score
Hej BirtheP og velkommen.
Right now lavender is ready to cut in DK.
I use it a lot to make oilinfusions.

BirtheP

Reaction score
Thank you Savoniere, Hazel and Dorado. I will try the tea-soap soon. Recently I dried a lot of Melissa officinalis, to use for tea, so I'll use this for soap as well. Love the smell of this plant. Wil also make some nettle-soap some time..
Dorado, how do you make oil infusions? Where can I read about it? And do you make it for the scent or for some other reason? I have lots of beautiful lavender in the garden :)

Dorado

Reaction score
I have sent you a private message Birthe, easier for me to explain in Danish.

Latest posts