New member from Belgium

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilia

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I signed up knowing I could use the advice and encouragement of knowledgeable soapmakers.
I'm preparing to finally make soap... after thinking about it for almost 6 years! My first book about making soap was bought that long ago and still haven't dared to go for it. Back then was scared to make soap in my tiny rental apartment safety wise, but now I'm in a different bigger place and still dreaming about soap. Time to make soap. Right now I'm collecting all the necessities.

Hi and welcome! You will find it all makes a LOT more sense once you've made your own batch or two of soap. Just keep the recipe simple for the first batch or two, and always use a lye calculator. It also helps to post any new recipe here for advice and really clever people will make suggestions and give advice :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. :) I'm enjoying the forum topics right now, if I'll goes well I'll have all my supplies by Tuesday so I can make my first soap then or Thursday. So excited!

Welcome and good luck getting started. I'm a newbie too...and I'm so glad I joined this forum...there is so much to learn and many helpful people here willing to help :)

Remember when you were a child learning to tie your shoe laces for the first time, and it seemed like a daunting task? Soapmaking is like that. Once you've done it a few times, you'll wonder what took you so long. You'll find lots of great info here. Looking forward to seeing your work!

Latest posts

Back