New Member - Essential Oil Sources?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you both for the amazing links!! This forum has surprised me with the wonderful positive reinforcement. I am glad to have finally joined!!

Our goal is to offer a simple line of soaps, leaning to the natural side. We only want to carry between 5 - 10 scents, and we want them to be basic. We were thinking bergamot (our favorite), sage, lavender, etc.

We are very excited and hope that this will do well for us!

Hi Aden,

Congrats on all that you're doing!
I second Liberty Natural as having many affordable great essential oils.

I'm not sure you'll be able to use only 1/2 oz per 3lb batch that's so little!
Also heads up on Bergamot. I use the LOVELY bergaptene free from Liberty Naturals in a blend I make and it's super fleeting so consider using it as a principle oil with some anchoring scents or additives that can help anchor as well.

Looking forward to seeing your line when you launch!

LadyM, thank you so much for the advice. It's funny because I had been using some bergaptene free bergamot from bulkapothecary and noticed that the scent was fading. What oils would you recommend to help bring out the bergamot and keep it from fleeting?

I don't plan on using only 1/2 oz per 3lb batch, I was hoping to use maybe 1.5 oz, or 2oz per batch to try and save some money when starting out.

Back