New Loaf Molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HorseCreek

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm in the market for a couple new loaf molds so I can increase production/amount of soap I can make when I have time to soap. I currently have HDPE molds I got from an etsy store, and if nothing else I'll just order a couple more of those.
However, I was wondering if anyone has any other recommendations? Silicone liners? As always, looking to decrease the amount of time it takes to create a batch of soap. Thanks

It totally depends on what size batches you want to do. I love my silicone lined molds from Nurture Soap Supplies. I have 6 of the 7.5 lb basic mold/liners
as I like the extra headspace as I don't fill them all the way up. I use 122 oz of oils and do two molds at a time. I cut them between 1 1/8-1 1/4 inch thick and get 16 bars from each mold. The silicone in the molds is a good thickness and soap releases so easily. I just loosen the sides, turn it upside down and gently press on the bottom and out it pops.

Nurture Soap loaf molds get a lot of good recommendations here. IMO, a silicone liner is a must. But, I hate lining molds. Some people are fine with that.

If I had it to do over...I'd get a custom SoapHutch. Yes, you'll probably need to invest in some silicone spray or some thin Mylar to line it, but you can get EXACTLY what you want.

http://www.soaphutch.com/

You can get 1 mold that is a log mold, a divider mold, a slab mold and a TS mold. What I love about this idea is that you can get a mold so all of your bars are the same dimensions! I have a 10" silicone BB long mold, a HPDE log mold with 4 chambers, 2 small 1lb silicone log molds, a 12 bar slab mold and a TS mold. All of these make a slightly different-sized bar. At this point it's not a huge issue...but if I were to start selling, I'd have to put a different weight and price on each of these different bars.

Thanks guys. Some Nurture molds are high on my maybe list. I currently have 3 - 6lb molds, and would love larger ones. I am waiting on a reply from the guy who made my molds to see if he would do custom lengths so I could make bigger batches. Its just as easy to make 6lbs as 12 lbs, lol.

shunt, how have the nurture liners held up? Easy/hard to unmold? I know it depends on the recipe, but how soon can you unmold with them? Any problems with corners sticking? Do you have any trouble getting the soap out of the basic molds? I didn't know if I needed to splurge on the ones that break down or if the soap/liner will just slide right out of the basic.

I do need to stick with something very close to my current dimensions, as I do sell, but fortunately the nurture molds are super close. (Close enough I could get the same weight to avoid having to change labeling)

They have worked great for me. Two I have had for over a year with no issues. I ordered 4 more this year. I generally unmold at 12 to 18 hours. Depending on how long to gel and cool.

Back