New-ish

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adri71

Reaction score
Hello all! I started soaping in 2002 when I was recovering from a car accident. I got really into melt and pour, totally obsessed, actually. I sold at a local flea market for a year, treading water the whole time. I kept reinvesting my profits and by the time it was all said and done I spent everything I made and then some on supplies. Mostly FOs. I was able to destash and walk away with a little pride. At the end, I was making CP but had only made two batches. I was using a recipe from a friend and I honestly didn't know what I was doing. I was just copying her and hoping it turned out, which it did but that was just luck. Had anything happened out of the ordinary, I wouldn't have known what to do.

I didn't soap again until September of 2019. I still had my friend's recipe but this time I read about making soap and learned about lye safety and oils and I'm still learning. I've made a few batches, ten total including a test batch of tallow soap that is currently curing. I make exclusively for friends and family, no selling. I've learned I'm not cut out for that kind of stress and I'd just like to leave it as a passionate hobby. Right now I'm working on formulating a recipe of my own using soapcalc.

I'm enjoying reading the posts on this forum and am learning a lot. I really liked following this past month's soap challenge, there's so much talent and camaraderie here. Thanks for hosting such a great forum!

P.S. I'm 49, married with two cats. I love the outdoors, jazz, tea and rainy days

edited to add P.S.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back