New(ish) soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeroll

Reaction score
My much-more-photographically-talented-than-I husband took some photos I finally don't mind other people seeing.

Top to bottom:
-Goat's milk scented with hyssop EO
-First tiger stripe attempt, scented with lemongrass, rosemary and lavender EOs
-Bentonite, French green, and Moroccan red clay soap. This was a request from DH and is scented with ylang ylang oil he bought. I think he'll get this loaf all to himself. I HATE this scent (it's way too floral), but I had a lot of fun making the soap.
-Attempt at drop swirl, also lemongrass, rosemary and lavender EO

Thanks for looking!

109.jpg

117.jpg

120.jpg

121a.jpg

They are indeed gorgeus! I love that double pencil line in the clay soap. I'm not a fan of plain ylang but I use it in blends. What does hyssop smell like?

Aww, thanks all!

Soaprat, I think hyssop (the plant) smells like root beer. The EO smells like a cross between root beer, menthol, and florals. I realize that's a totally bizarre description, but I think it's lovely. I'd say it's a floral for people who don't like florals.

Great, I will get some one of these days. I grow Anise Hyssop, which is an agastache not a hyssopus, and the plant smells a bit like licorice, but nothing like anise EO (bleah), if that makes any sense.

Latest posts

Back