New in south east UK

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shellonian

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm new to this. Got a bit frustrated with plastic packaging and wanted to make things from scratch. That developed into a desire to work towards a little business now the kids are all at school. I'm currently studying a soapmaking business course online (wish it was in person) which seems to be more about scaring me out of the whole idea! So hopefully in a few years I'll have something worth selling and I'll have been using best practice from the start. I've only made 3 batches so far, but that's because the little ones are only just full time in Reception 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyway, I can see there is a tonne of helpful advice on here, so thank you for being amazing.

Hi AliOop! I've definitely seen your name around here before!

It's the Soap Making Business Diploma and I'm still not 100% on its level of authority! Seems to be fairly solid but it's the kind of place that also teaches homeopathy 🤔. Even so, I used to work at a place that was accredited by a similar sort of scheme but our courses were very rigorous, so I'm giving it both the benefit of the doubt and a pinch of salt!

Welcome Shell :). It will probably take a couple of years to get up to speed making soap before you sell and get your soap certified.:thumbs:

Thank you for the welcome! Yes, I'm hoping to be at this a while. Lucky I have bags of patience!

Hi Shellonian
Wellcome to the forum :) I learnt most of my soap making skills from this very forum, everyone is so helpful. I'm in Yorkshire (God's own county), and have been selling now for about 18 months. I'm stocked in about 6 craft/gift shops in Yorkshire, and do quite well on Etsy, Ebay and Facebook. Get your recipe right, get them cosmetically tested, do the EU portal thing and you're good to go. Here's a link to my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/sophieandfin

Welcome.gif

Back