New House Sister Update

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have two updates to share. My new house is supposed to be delivered in February!! :dance: :dance: We will see, that is what the dealer is telling me so we are proceeding with the foundation this month. It is already down to 10º F so the ground is freezing so we need to get things done.

As for my sister, and mom's estate. You just cannot fix stupid, I am sorry to say. I am beginning to think her Master's Degree is stupid. It looks like we will be going to litigation and guess who will get the bulk of the estate? Yup the attorneys. Five attorneys read the Trust that mom and father left me two of the three houses and she still believes the trust has to be shared 50/50. Sadly she needs the money to live and pay for the house she lives in, I do not. We never lived our lives depending on an inheritance my sister did. I offered a settlement she tells me it is not enough, only 50/50 is enough. I tried talking to her yesterday and she let her nasty daughter cuss me out. I told her I am done, it goes to a judge and she can risk one person determining the outcome after spending money for two attorneys. She was always the "Golden Child" with lots of money given to her by my parents, well they are gone now so is her security blanket.

But I will have my New House!! Now I just have to figure out how to move all my lizards, hubby is driving me nuts over it. :(
Sorry for the Rant, but several of you have followed this saga for a few years with my sister so I figured I would add this update.

I have two updates to share. My new house is supposed to be delivered in February!! :dance: :dance: We will see, that is what the dealer is telling me so we are proceeding with the foundation this month. It is already down to 10º F so the ground is freezing so we need to get things done.

As for my sister, and mom's estate. You just cannot fix stupid, I am sorry to say. I am beginning to think her Master's Degree is stupid. It looks like we will be going to litigation and guess who will get the bulk of the estate? Yup the attorneys. Five attorneys read the Trust that mom and father left me two of the three houses and she still believes the trust has to be shared 50/50. Sadly she needs the money to live and pay for the house she lives in, I do not. We never lived our lives depending on an inheritance my sister did. I offered a settlement she tells me it is not enough, only 50/50 is enough. I tried talking to her yesterday and she let her nasty daughter cuss me out. I told her I am done, it goes to a judge and she can risk one person determining the outcome after spending money for two attorneys. She was always the "Golden Child" with lots of money given to her by my parents, well they are gone now so is her security blanket.

But I will have my New House!! Now I just have to figure out how to move all my lizards, hubby is driving me nuts over it. :(
Sorry for the Rant, but several of you have followed this saga for a few years with my sister so I figured I would add this update.
So pleased to hear that the new house is going ahead, Carolyn! That's exciting!

As for your sister, you're right, you can't fix stupid. My co-worker went through the same kind of thing with his sister. It did not end well for her, even though she had no need for the money.

Unfortunately, “where there is a will….there is a family”
Im dealing with my parents estate now too. I am doing all the clean out and sorting myself (and it’s been very hard on my emotionally) while my brother who moved away 40 years ago and never bothered with my parents or me sits in his new house in sunny Florida waiting impatiently for his half. So….I get it. 😓
Happy to hear your new house is finally going to happen!

Unfortunately, “where there is a will….there is a family”
Im dealing with my parents estate now too. I am doing all the clean out and sorting myself (and it’s been very hard on my emotionally) while my brother who moved away 40 years ago and never bothered with my parents or me sits in his new house in sunny Florida waiting impatiently for his half. So….I get it. 😓
Happy to hear your new house is finally going to happen!
Yep, that is how it goes. My sister helped for two days only taking what she wanted, leaving my husband and me to finish cleaning out the house. Now it sits empty. Sadly my parents thought they had everything organized but their attorney did a very poor job with their trust not explaining why I was to receive more, which she will not accept.

Good luck to you, it is not an easy task.

It seems she hasn't figured out she will get less than she was suppose to, with all the money going to solicitors. You can't pick family and relying on the death of others for money to live, I just shake my head. :shakinghead:

Off the subject, how are those lizzies of yours ?

Hooray for the house! Praying you can get that foundation done before a hard freeze.

Ugh, sorry about the sister woes. Hopefully the attorneys will make short work of the dispute so everyone can get on with life. And you can get your lizards moved. :D🦎

It seems she hasn't figured out she will get less than she was suppose to, with all the money going to solicitors. You can't pick family and relying on the death of others for money to live, I just shake my head. :shakinghead:

Off the subject, how are those lizzies of yours ?
I am so thankful my husband and I made our own way in life. I do have one daughter that sadly will need an inheritance when we are gone to live, but life has just not been good to them. Health has been the biggest for her and her family, leaving her unable to work and help out.

Lizzies are doing good except I never found my gorgeous electric blue that ran away. 😭 😭
Hooray for the house! Praying you can get that foundation done before a hard freeze.

Ugh, sorry about the sister woes. Hopefully the attorneys will make short work of the dispute so everyone can get on with life. And you can get your lizards moved. :D🦎
Thanks, Alison, I hope they do too, but I am willing to give it all up and not to her that is what she does not realize. Then she will be in deep trouble since her security blankets have passed away and I am not them. You do not accuse me of stealing 300k of my parent's money and expect me to help you out. Nope, not happening.

I hope your house gets delivered as scheduled - that's exciting! As for your sister, it's so unfortunate that she is behaving this way. Although this will hopefully be the end of all the drama surrounding her that you have had to deal with.

And I'm really hoping that your lizzie turns up. He is such a beauty.

He might turn up in the house after his little jaunt. We had one, not a pet and he kept making this noise, like if you were pouting your lips together. We would see him run across the ceiling in the lounge room to different spots, still calling out. He ended up in the bedroom upstairs, still calling. Dh, eventually caught him and put him outside. As much as I love them, the noise was annoying.

He might turn up in the house after his little jaunt. We had one, not a pet and he kept making this noise, like if you were pouting your lips together. We would see him run across the ceiling in the lounge room to different spots, still calling out. He ended up in the bedroom upstairs, still calling. Dh, eventually caught him and put him outside. As much as I love them, the noise was annoying.
That is funny, some are vocal, but this little guy is not. He has access to water and food so who knows. I do watch for him.

@dibbles I know, she just does not learn so chooses to spend a large portion of the money with attorneys. So far she seems to be sitting and doing nothing since she is back in Arizona.

Latest posts

Back