New Home...sad

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
šŸ˜­ The distributor notified me today the factory will not build my new modular home, even for cash money. They have put building triple wides on hold. This was the only home I found and I loved it although I never got to see it other than pictures since they only built one 2 yrs ago which was in the pic on their site.

Now we are thinking about putting a small trailer or finding a cheap manufactured (small) on our lot and try to find some contractors in order to build a house. I am so bummed especially since my daughter is facing some more potential severe medical issues and I a needed there. This Sucks.

I'm so sorry. I was wondering about the building material & shortage's? its better they let you know now oposed to the worst' waiting & waiting & investing that you couldn't recover' of course its a stretch but could of happened.
Well it sounds like you have a few other options' that sounds good.

I hope your Daughter is ok' thats very concerning of course wanting to be close to help. šŸ¤—šŸ’«

I'm so sorry. I was wondering about the building material & shortage's? its better they let you know now oposed to the worst' waiting & waiting & investing that you couldn't recover' of course its a stretch but could of happened.
Well it sounds like you have a few other options' that sounds good.

I hope your Daughter is ok' thats very concerning of course wanting to be close to help. šŸ¤—šŸ’«
It is not the material shortage that is the problem. The factory is slammed with work and will not take the time to build the large houses. Most factories are 14 months out I found a distributor that has priority with Fleetwood and could get me my home by Jan, just not what I want. I cannot get a stick house built because there are not any available contractors in my area. The building is going crazy in Northern Nevada, mostly in Elko and I am being told It can be 3 yrs out to build a house. We are hoping if we are there we can knock on doors and sub out the work.

It is not the material shortage that is the problem. The factory is slammed with work and will not take the time to build the large houses. Most factories are 14 months out I found a distributor that has priority with Fleetwood and could get me my home by Jan, just not what I want. I cannot get a stick house built because there are not any available contractors in my area. The building is going crazy in Northern Nevada, mostly in Elko and I am being told It can be 3 yrs out to build a house. We are hoping if we are there we can knock on doors and sub out the work.
Wow' isn't it unbelievable? and lots of people are moving out of CA.

Thank you for the update my friend & Prayers for your Daughter. šŸ¤—

The factory is slammed with work and will not take the time to build the large houses.

Of course they won't take the time to build a large house, there is not as much profit in it in building a large house when you can use the same time and materials to build two houses.

I am so sorry to hear that news. That really puts another layer of stress on your body that you just don't need right now. From what I have been reading, the situation is not going to change for quite a while. There has been a shortage of homes for some time and with the immigration system in flux, it is not going to be any better.
Our daughter is trying to fix her garage and house after a fire the 4th of December last year. She is still living with us, but now has a shell of a garage and no end in sight...or at least no promises. Part of it was getting the building permit (that took almost 4 months) and now is scheduling the subcontractors, electrician, roofers, plumbers and finishers. Everyone is busy.
The trailer/small MFG home sounds like a possible solution. And it might work out great in the long run for a guest house or in my situation a she shed where I can disappear! That would be a stop gap arrangement and allow you to concentrate on your daughter when needed. And allow you time to explore the situation for building or getting the manufactured home you really want.
I will keep some positive thoughts going for you and yours. Take care of yourself, too.

Latest posts

Back