New Hobby!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvmy3cats

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

My name is Julie. I live in St. Petersburg, FL. I am new to this and am slowly collecting the things I will need. Just this AM I ordered coconut and palm oil, cocoa and shea butter and a couple fragrances. I'm lucky I found Florida Suncoast Soapworks online and the warehouse is only like 3-4 miles from my house! How great is that for saving on SHIPPING! I also bought a digital postal scale on ebay so I will have to wait for that to come in. Last week I bought a hand blender and several bottles of olive oil and a big thing of veggie oil at Walmart! I bought some Chocolate Truffle oil too. I want to make my sister some chocolate soap for Christmas so I have plenty of time. I would love a recipe if anybody has one to share!

I'll be looking here for a lot of advice and am glad I found this site. I bought a book that seems very helpful too!

Have a great day everyone! :D TGIF

Welcome, As soon as I get a chance I will look through my recipes and see what I can find that uses chocolate oil.

Chay & Everyone!

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Chay, that would be awesome if you could find a recipe for me when you have time.

I stopped and picked up my stuff on the way home from work. WOW, Cocoa Butter smells amazing! I want to eat it!

Can't wait to explore this site!

Julie :p

helloooooo!!! Im from Bradenton! I think thats close to you ?!?!?

Bradenton

Yep, just across the bridge!!!

I think I'll try my first batch tomorrow. Just a one pounder. Any suggestions as to what I should use for a mold? Would a silicone bread pan be OK or is that too small? 8)

thats what i used for my first mold! (if you have one of those flimsy red ones though...like I did.. I reccommend putting it inside a more sturdy box so the soap is even :) )

you can also use pringles cans, PVC piping, postal boxes or wooden molds ...there are soooo many options out there (and may I make another reccommendation, line your molds with something such as saran wrap or wax/parchment paper...makes removing them WAY easier! )

Hi there,

I am rather new to this too, less than a month. I live in Sebring.......AMAZINGLY boring unless you are barmy about golf or car racing!! Your neck of the woods is a nice day trip away from me, how nice that you have the beach and a soap supplier near your door!!! 8)

Welcome, and hope you enjoy this soapy lot!! :D

Della :)

Sebring

Hi Della!

My boyfriend is actually doing a "Golf till You Puke" weekend in October in Sebring. I am going to San Francisco for that week! Hmmm, You choose?
[/code][/code][/code]

Back