New here!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ami

Reaction score
just posted on the introduction page! Nice to be here!

anyway, for christmas this year I decided to make everyone (all the girls anyway) a gift basket with soap, bath bomb, bath salts and lip balm.

I am making melt and pour soap, I want to make peppermint melt and pour white with red swirls.

Can I add anything to make the soap more moisturizing? Or shoudl m&P be used straight? with nothing added to it?

also I don't have essential oils, just scent oils, how much per pound of m&p soap should I add? Same goes for coloring...

thanks in adavance...

Hi Ami!!! welcome to our forum!! I do strictly M&P, I have found that an ounce of scent to every pound of soap to be just perfect. as far as the color, that it totally up to you. the easiest way to swirl is taking the white base and melting it down, separate some of it to color. While you are pouring the white, pour the color at the same time from the opposite direction, marbles pretty nicely for me. If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask

Pouring as Dragon says is good. Wait until melted soap cools down before pouring.

I use no more than 1 tablespoon fragrance in a pound of melt/pour soap though.

Back