New here, Questions about rebatching

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommanelda

Reaction score
:D Hi. I am new here, I have made Glycerin soaps in the past with the melt and pour method. However I have never attempted lye soap. I am interested in the rebatching method though. Can you use store bought soap to rebatch? Ive heard many a horror story on using Ivory Soap, are there any alternatives? Sounds like fun, think I would like to try with the rebatching before I jump into the lye method.

Well if you want pure entertainment and not mine the mess, go ahead and try the Ivory soap. I laugh everytime I think about what I did. :oops:

dragonfly princess said:
Well if you want pure entertainment and not mine the mess, go ahead and try the Ivory soap. I laugh everytime I think about what I did. :oops:
:lol: I've read that story! And I'm glad I did as I was wondering if I'd go out and buy a bar and try it... Thanks to your experiment you saved me having a big mess here at home! lol

@ mommanelda,
I believe for rebatching you'll need CP soap.

So far I've also only used the M&P method and want to take the plunge into CP soaping. Let's just do the 'jump' together! With all the help from the pros here it can't go wrong, can it? :wink:

CP is wonderful.. I mostly make HP soap now.. But if I can get a hand on those molds from Mr. Soapmaker, I will go back to CP for awhile..

Back