New here and new to soap making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scaligirl

Reaction score
Hi all! I am new to soap making and have not made any from scratch yet but have tried MP. I stumbled onto soap making because I first started making a bath tea and friends kept asking for soap to go with the tea.
I like the ease of using MP soap but; feel like I am "cheating" and would like to try to make my own.
So glad that I found this forum :D

Welcome!

Hey, girl!
Welcome! You've come to the right place! There are those here, who are MP masters — they probably don't consider it "cheating". It definately is a different skill set, and an admirable one, for sure.

I'm new, too. I do CP, for now.

Anyway, everyone is nice and helpful.

Hi scaligirl! Welcome to the forum! I will have to second NEA on the M&P'rs on here. I felt the same way when I first started soaping but then I seen what some of these gals on here can do. Now I am intimidated to try melt and pour :oops:

MP

edco76 said:
Hi scaligirl! Welcome to the forum! I will have to second NEA on the M&P'rs on here. I felt the same way when I first started soaping but then I seen what some of these gals on here can do. Now I am intimidated to try melt and pour :oops:

Me, too! Soap casting is...another level, totally! I will watch others, from the sidelines! :lol:

Thanks for putting that info out there to the newbies. I am passed getting upset at people for saying that it is "cheating" to do MP. I love the kind of soap and b&b I make so you can say what ya want1 Just keep my mother out of it!!!! :twisted:

Thank you!!

I am so excited!! There is a wealth of information on this board. I no longer feel bad about using MP. I checked some of the sources mentioned here and they are great. Saves a lot of time and money when you have recommended sites and products that others have used. some places charge 3x as much for bases & oils etc.

Hi, I too am a newbie, I do MP but soon I would like to try from scratch too, I looked at a postal scale at walmart today and they only had a 3 lb scale, some day I would like to make soap like paul and pour outrageous swirlies. :oops: :wink:

Latest posts

Back