new here and a question to all

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaffanon

Reaction score
Hi all im new here ive been a sculpter most of my life and my wife and I have been making soap for ourselves for a few years.
So here is my quetion if you could make your cp or hp soap in any shape what would that be . I can make silicone molds of any shape and was wondering if it would be of any interest to other soap makers

Drag,
Milky Way molds has a dragonfly, so does Life of the Party.

Gaffanon,
There is a market for custom molds w/ shop logos on them. They would have to be affordable though because to be in the business for profit, we must make 12, 24, 36 or more, bars at a time. The custom molds on the market are in upwards of $30.00 a cavity so they are not cost effective.

Omg, you read my mind. Just last night I was searching various sites on how to make my own mold or using silicone that is food grade to ensure yuckies don't end up seeping into my soaps.

As for type of mold, I had yet to determine that, but I do want my website logo on the soaps I make. Whether from a stamp or mold with my logo.

Tabitha said:
Drag,
Milky Way molds has a dragonfly, so does Life of the Party.

Gaffanon,
There is a market for custom molds w/ shop logos on them. They would have to be affordable though because to be in the business for profit, we must make 12, 24, 36 or more, bars at a time. The custom molds on the market are in upwards of $30.00 a cavity so they are not cost effective.

I second TAB

I dont think they would have to be that expensive im not thinking about it from a profit point of view. thirty dollors a cavity seems very high to me but silicone is expensive but it would last about forever if its platinum silicone not tin there are also some ureathanes that would work well for soap molds. I will need some volunteers to try out differnt materials besides myself I want to find out if they work for everyone. Ill make small molds first to test them out not a lot of cavities but if they do then we can make multicavity molds.
if its something your interested in if you want me to do your logo or such contact me Ill limit it to first come first serve and I dont know how many ill do but. ill do as many as I can.

I love molds that say handmade or goat milk but they are only available (that I have found) in small batches. When I make CP soap I like to have at least 40 bars.

I am with another poster though it would need to be affordable.

thats one of the things I'm trying to discover cost I know what silicone cost in the bucket bet how many molds do I get from a given amount thats what I'm experimenting with right now. I do know they will be more expensive than the plastic molds but from some experience with silicone and other materials it should last you your entire life.

thats one of the things I'm trying to discover cost I know what silicone cost in the bucket bet how many molds do I get from a given amount thats what I'm experimenting with right now. I do know they will be more expensive than the plastic molds but from some experience with silicone and other materials it should last you your entire life.
alternatively i could offer sculpting services and teach how make your own silicone molds/polyurethane molds.

I would like molds that have a picture of a cow, a bee or bee hive and a branch of lavender. The rose muffin pans have been popular for CP soap makers also. I can't afford $30. a mold though. Wilton muffin pans are about $9. each; but you only get six cavities.

Gaffanon said:
Hi all im new here ive been a sculpter most of my life and my wife and I have been making soap for ourselves for a few years.
So here is my quetion if you could make your cp or hp soap in any shape what would that be . I can make silicone molds of any shape and was wondering if it would be of any interest to other soap makers

Wonderful!!! I would be intrested in molds that Read SOAP, HOMEMADE, AND OR GOAT MILK ..

Let me know when you plan to start making the molds..W/ price

Leah

Back