• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New HDPE divider mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

As at least some of you know I had to borrow a phone that would take pictures to upload for this. Also you know that I love my HDPE divider mold and have no trouble releasing the soap. That being said, I have two large molds that DH made for me and I am only using one. The only thing that is needed is a silicone or mylar lining for the bottom of the mold. It has never been used but the one I am using now, I have no trouble with soap leaking or sticking. It is a 36 bar mold, 2.25" x 3" and 3" deep. I am asking $300. I took lots of pictures! The mallet is not for sale, only to show what I use to assemble the sides of the mold into the base.
IMG_1534.jpg
IMG_1524.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1528.jpg
    IMG_1528.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1527.jpg
    IMG_1527.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1536.jpg
    IMG_1536.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1535.jpg
    IMG_1535.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1538.jpg
    IMG_1538.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1533.jpg
    IMG_1533.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 38
Sorry, I am spatially challenged in some contexts, so bear with me here. From what you shared, I think each bar would be 2.5" x 3" x 3" - Is that correct??

That would be the size of three bars for me, as mine are typically 2.5 x 3 x one inch, not three inches. Do you cut each bar down, or just sell them as really big bars? Or do you only fill the mold ⅓ full?

No worries, I'll try to explain. The mold is 2.25" x 3" x 3." I only fill it 1/3 full because my bars are 1" thick. But some large outfit soapmakers could fill it completely full if they have a way to make 2 or 3 slabs out of that. I don't remember where but I saw a video doing that. So you can make any size recipe you want, up to what would make it completly full. Note: not 2.5."

Back