New Hampshire/Vermont people

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Might have a few days off in late March and want to go some place beautiful. What is it like at that time of year for these little states? TIA! (and no, no chance I can wait to go leaf peeping)

I don’t live either place, but hubby and I went a few years ago. We found the Canterbury Shaker Village to be fascinating. If you go, I’d highly recommend taking the tour. http://www.shakers.org/

Go see the covered bridges and take a drive/hike through the White Mountains. We were there in September, so I don’t know what the weather is like in March. I’m sure it would be beautiful any time of year.

We’ve been to Vermont twice in two years. If you’re a baker, the King Arthur store is fun. If you like beer, there are a lot of breweries in Vermont :). It’s a gorgeous state with many quaint towns. I second what @dibbles mentioned about seeing the covered bridges.

It will still have Snow. So unless you Ski your best bet is shopping small towns and such.
You are better to go in June.
Leaf peeping in is Sept-Oct
I am in MASS, grew up going to VT on most Weekends year round. Ski, leaf peeping, shopping, hiking.
Unfortunately March is not the best time. IF the Snow is melting then you are in the middle of MUD Season.
Yup, that is a season through out VT, NH, ME and Western MA :)

Back