New Guy Here!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian0523

Reaction score
I just wanted to say "hello" to everyone here.

I'm Brian!

Looking forward to making my first attempt at CP soap.

I'm sure I'll have questions along the way. I've read a lot of materials online, and watched some videos demonstrating the process.

What I have not been able to find, is information on making the soap with swirly-color designs - I guess you could call them more of an "artisan" type soap. If anyone can provide links I'd appreciate that.

Welcome!

Looks like the ladies are about to be outnumbered :shock: .

Thank you for the welcomes!

No, I'm not even going to attempt the swriley soap for a long time; I just want more reading material on the subject.

I think I've read everything I could about the regular process - actually read Miller's instructions several times. But I don't think there's anything like acutally jumping in and doing it. You can read till your eyes hurt, but it's experience with success and failure that really teaches.

I'm trying to decide what to make for my first batch. I personally love oatmeal & honey soaps, so maybe I need to focus on that and find a really great recipe. Any suggestions?

Also, could use adivce as to what you all did with the batches of soap you make. I can't imagine selling them, so my friends/family are going to burried in a mountain of soap as I gain experience. Poor things!

Anyway - thank you all again.

Don't be scared!!! My advise... just jump in and do it!
1924.gif
I did and haven't looked back!

I, too, gave a lot of my first batches of soap away. People were always asking to buy it, and looking back, I wish that I had had the confidence to start selling it when they offered! Just enjoy it, be confident, and it will be profitable!

Hi Brian! I don't know how I missed your intro, but saying "howdy" now! Yea, it's cool that we now have at least 6 men I think! 8) I was the lone male soapier here for a while! Welcome again Brian, give me a shout if I can help you out! I'm a CP goat milk, room temperature oils and lye solution soap maker and also make TOG Soap Making Molds and Tools. Glad you found us!

Paul.... :) :wink:

Hey Brian, welcome! I just joined as well and everyone has been very warm and helpful. I just made a spiced honey oatmeal soap that is looking good so far. I cut it today and it looks awesome!! I can't wait for it to cure. I will look through my journal and post the recipe as soon as I can. kel

Hey Brian, check the recipes section here, as I posted a recipe the othe day there. I call it the Wal-Mart Soap Recipe since you can buy all the ingredients at your local Super Center, bar fragrance and lye. Check it out here;

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/forum/vi ... php?t=1902

It's a pretty good soap, with a cure time, it is a great soap with lots of bubbles and pretty good conditioning qualities.

Paul.... :) :wink:

:lol: That is so funny, the first batch of CP soap I made I swirled. I just swirled it before pouring into the mould (a soy milk container with the top cut off) and it turned out gorgeous! I used melted chocolate for colorant. I just "cut" in the swirlies like I would do to make marbled cake.

Zenobiah said:
:lol: That is so funny, the first batch of CP soap I made I swirled. I just swirled it before pouring into the mould (a soy milk container with the top cut off) and it turned out gorgeous! I used melted chocolate for colorant. I just "cut" in the swirlies like I would do to make marbled cake.

Cool! It sounds like a great looking soap! Good idea about using the chocolate in there as a colourant. I was reading a post elsewhere the other day about chocolate soap. It said that adding chocolate makes a decant soap. It is like adding a superfatting fat at trace. I would love to see cut pics here!
Paul... :) :wink:

I only have a sliver left of it but I will see what I can do. :)

Ok, very blurry pic coming up. I only have my cell phone camera available right now. Sorry about that...

Latest posts

Back