New from Vancouver, WA

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinkativeone

Reaction score
Hi!! I am posting from Vancouver, WA (just a stone's throw from Portland, OR). I have read a few posts on here before but decided to jump on in as I need expert opinions, and well - the soap bug bit and bit hard late last year. :shh: I have made two batches since then, both pure unscented castile 100% olive oil (organic from Costco) soaps. I will be using all certified organic oils and certified organic essential oils and hope to get opinions on various suppliers, etc. In the future I am interested in selling for extra income but right now I just want to play around with creating my own recipes and use them for us/give to family and friends.

I started with lip balm, which turned into making my own facial toner, face scrub, lotion bars, body butter, sugar scrub, solid perfume...and finally I overcame my fear of lye (I am still sort of nervous around it) and dove into soap. ;)

Welcome to the forum! I am pretty sure most of us here know what is like to be bitten by the soap bug :)

You are only a half hour away from me! I am just north of you :) And a new soaper myself! AND HOOKED! :grin:
thats awesome! Have you checked out Zenith supply in Seattle yet? They have all kinds of soap supplies!

Welcome from Spain, the kingdom of good olive oil. I've been to Canada but on the east coast. How precious! It's a shame that we are so far and I can offer you the best olive oil to your soap is "Hojiblanca" Although the true and pure olive oil is to the mills. A in olive oil passes through the packing 10% are mixed with each other and it is undetectable in laboratory. So here we mean those who buy oil mills.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back