New from Northern CA!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annalee2003

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster :)

Beginner soap maker here, from Northern CA. Not sure "soap maker" is the correct term though, since I haven't actually made any soap yet. But I am absolutely in love with everything soap and soap related!

I started looking into soap making about three months ago. I'm a SAHM and was looking for something creative and fun to do. Making home made soap sounded perfect. I'm creative by nature and have dabbled in painting, drawing, and even candle making in the past and figured I could easily get into this. I also love baking, and I feel like making soap is very similar to baking.

I am still waiting on buying supplies and ingredients, but until then I have been researching my heart out. I've even got my little family interested in soap making. My daughter loves to watch soap videos on YouTube with me and my husband is always asking questions and coming up with ideas on what to put in to soaps. He also currently uses shaving soap and a straight edge (yikes!) to shave, so I figure I could learn to make shaving soap at some point.

Super excited to get into all things soap and happy to finally join this awesome forum!

Hi annalee! Don't worry, you are a true soaper because this skill takes research. Welcome, and have fun with the shaving soap; they're fun to make!

Hope you're far from the fires in N Ca. We had them here last year and had to keep the cars packed for evacuation for over a week.

Last edited:
Welcome to your upcoming addiction...
Watch out for Irish Lass though...she and others around here are enablers...soap pushers...in a month she will have you jones-ing on FOs and dreaming about swirls and pencil lines....

lenarenee - we're close enough to the fire that you can smell and see some of the smoke occasionally. But we're not in any danger, thankfully.

rparrny - that's not a bad thing, haha. I'm looking forward to it :D

Watch out for Irish Lass though...she and others around here are enablers...soap pushers...in a month she will have you jones-ing on FOs and dreaming about swirls and pencil lines....

Don't you pay any mind to what rparrny just said. Hmph! I'm absolutely horrified that anyone would ever even think I'd be capable of such treachery! Horrified, I tell you! Simply horrified! Me? Luring innocent newcomers into FO addictions and who knows whatever bubbly, smelly, colorful thing???! Why, I'm deeply shocked offended that anyone would ever think such things of me! Simply shocked and offended I tell you! I'm a good girl I am! :angel:

Psssst....Annalee... so I hear your hubby uses a straight razor. Have you had chance to look at our shaving threads yet? We have a handful of straight-razor users on our forum who make their own awesome shave soap, you know....I mean there's tutorials and everything...hint hint, wink wink. ;)

IrishLass :)

don't you pay any mind to what rparrny just said. Hmph! I'm absolutely horrified that anyone would ever even think i'd be capable of such treachery! Horrified, i tell you! Simply horrified! Me? Luring innocent newcomers into fo addictions and who knows whatever bubbly, smelly, colorful thing???! Why, i'm deeply shocked offended that anyone would ever think such things of me! Simply shocked and offended i tell you! I'm a good girl i am! :angel:

Psssst....annalee... So i hear your hubby uses a straight razor. Have you had chance to look at our shaving threads yet? We have a handful of straight-razor users on our forum who make their own awesome shave soap, you know....i mean there's tutorials and everything...hint hint, wink wink. ;)

irishlass :)

roflmao!

Welcome annalee! If you've been researching and lurking for awhile then you're well on your way to being a highly-addicted soapmaker like the rest of us! Like you I started baking way before soaping and the required skills are very similar so don't be afraid to get your feet wet and ask for advice here. Definitely check out songwind's monster post on shaving soap for your hubs!

Back