New England area EO dealers?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a dealer in and around Massachusetts that sells a lot of EO's? I am looking for more then 5 scents. The only ones I can find only have around 5 EO's. I am looking for more than that.
Have you been there yourself?
I am looking for somewhere I can also go and pick up, SMELL them all too. There are a few that I have never smelled before so I would like to know before buying.

I know there is Gemlite and I have been there back in 2006 but they do not have EO's.

I could buy off Amazon but I would like to buy local.

Anyone?

Do you have a local co-op? It’s expensive but my co-op has a good selection of EOs I can go sniff then buy elsewhere.

I know there is Gemlite and I have been there back in 2006 but they do not have EO's.

I just checked their website, and they do indeed sell EOs now. Gee, I didn't realize they are located in New Bedford, MA- my old stomping grounds where I spent most of my formative years. I live way on the other side of the country now, but I still have family that live there.

IrishLass :)

I am not sure where to even look for a Co-op.

I saw Jedwards but thought that was the only one.

Gemlite does have them, I am sorry. I use FF so maybe there was a block on it that I didn't take off. I thought they only had like 5 EO's. I still have a bunch of FO's from 2006 I need to (probably) dump out. And like 6 slabs of Paraffin wax that I never used ! I don't want to make candles, maybe melts or something later down the line.

Thanks !

If at some point you decide you don't want to use the paraffin wax, perhaps you can donate it to someone who uses warm paraffin baths for therapeutic purposes. Just a thought rather than tossing it out. After hand surgery, that was one of the treatments prescribed by my rehab therapist, and she highly recommends it for people with arthritis or issues that affect the hands. I am not asking for your paraffin wax, just making a suggestion in case you decide to toss it in the bin.

Oh I didn't know about hand treatments ! I have slight arthritis starting in my finger joints, I will look into it.
Thank you for the suggestion, I doubt I will toss it since it doesn't go bad. I moved it from MA to TX to another house in TX back to MA and moved again to another place .
Funny I just purged the basement of boxes that were also in those moves but never once thought about tossing the wax ;)
I may make wax melts with the old FO's I have since I won't use the old FO's on soap

Gemlite doesn't return emails much. I sent them an email last week and never heard back.

Does anyone know if there is a dealer in and around Massachusetts that sells a lot of EO's? I am looking for more then 5 scents. The only ones I can find only have around 5 EO's. I am looking for more than that.
Have you been there yourself?
I am looking for somewhere I can also go and pick up, SMELL them all too. There are a few that I have never smelled before so I would like to know before buying.

I could buy off Amazon but I would like to buy local.

Anyone?

I don't know Mass. very well at all, but before I started buying online, I found stores that carry EOs via Google searches.
Here's a store locator for NOW EO's:
https://www.nowfoods.com/store-locator

I found them in stores like Vitamin Shoppe in a city near me when I was looking for fragrance to include in soap. I liked Vitamin Shoppe's set up with a sniffing station and a jar of coffee beans to cleanse the plalate, so to speak, between fragrances. And they had what seemed to me at the time, a pretty large selection of EO's. Granted, they are quite expensive purchased in a shop like this, but the opportunity to smell before you buy is definitely a plus. And if you want to, you could go sniff and then go home and search for a better price online.

GREAT IDEA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fyi, Jedward's will send you 3-4 sniffies samples if you ask. They can't let me go and sniff, company policy :( I was just trying to save them sending me stuff if I was going to go down to pick up an order .

Back