New cutter finally arrived

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered a beautiful cutter from a etsy shop way back in April. It came from Russia and with corona screwing up shipping, it got stuck in Russian customs for months.
It finally arrived today and its beautiful, so worth the wait.
I don't think the etsy shop is currently open but if it was, I would highly recommend it.
Need to get a loaf made today or tomorrow so I can try it out.

Attachments

• 20200806_133945.jpg
    20200806_133945.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200806_134001.jpg
    20200806_134001.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 33
Very nice!! I have a single bar cutter but am not crazy about the wood-HDPE combo. The powder coating and stainless deck on yours looks so much nicer and easier to clean.

Very nice!! I have a single bar cutter but am not crazy about the wood-HDPE combo. The powder coating and stainless deck on yours looks so much nicer and easier to clean.

The metal construction is the main reason I went with this one. I like the wood and hdpe ok but I wanted something that was easier to clean.

I have found one little flaw and that is the channel on the deck where the wire goes is a little wider then it needs to be.
The bottom on the loaf wants to get hung up on the channel so the loaf can't be slid forward, it has to be picked up slightly to position for each cut

I just got a pvc one. It’s a zillion times better than a knife! And, it’s easy to clean, so far. But, I’d much prefer a stainless one... someday!

Back