New Critters

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wow, you think soaping is expensive if my hubby only knew... Yup, we have a problem now added to my Days Geckos I have added Isopods, and whoever knew there were such cute Isopods. Obisdian have you seen these? I have others but these are my newest additions and I am hoping there survive and breed. I am working on acquiring licensing so I can legally ship these guys out when I relocate next year. Never would I imagine paying $21 for a BUG. Cubaris Rubber Ducky – Pet Pedes and Pods I could not get a pic of mine so I posted the link.

Just a little update on my Day Geckos I now have baby Neon Gecks. This is not one of the babies this is daddy. Oops, I promised Tony no more tanks until our move next year but I guess that has not worked out well. :D

Attachments

• Male Klem.jpg
    Male Klem.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 18
Those are pretty cute! I used to love playing with pill bugs when I was a kid. I'm interested in spiders myself (mainly jumping spiders) but haven't taken the leap to start raising them. My kids are not at the age where they would appreciate spiders (or any bugs really) as pets. Bugs are still "scary" despite my constant reassurance otherwise.

Those are pretty cute! I used to love playing with pill bugs when I was a kid. I'm interested in spiders myself (mainly jumping spiders) but haven't taken the leap to start raising them. My kids are not at the age where they would appreciate spiders (or any bugs really) as pets. Bugs are still "scary" despite my constant reassurance otherwise.
I HATE SPIDERS :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: Obsidian, here in the forum, raises Tarantulas and I do admit jumping can be cute....maybe, just not my thing. Obsidian will even ask me if she can show me a picture of a tarantula before she sends me one. 😁😁😁

I find with kids they need to be introduced young to bug and some kids just take to them, but it mom likes them I notice the kids tend to also. My oldest daughter hates bugs in all shapes and forms and so does my 8 yr old granddaughter. My 13 yr old granddaughter has loved bugs, especially Mantis, Isopods, Green Beetles, Monarchs, and various other bugs since she was a toddler, although she does tend to not like spiders, they get stepped on, which I think comes from me. So I do believe some of the dislike is a learned behavior and attitude. The oldest has raised Mandids, Monarch, and Isos.

Last edited:
I HATE SPIDERS :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: Obsidian, here in the forum, raises Tarantulas and I do admit jumping can be cute....maybe, just not my thing. Obsidian will even ask me if she can show me a picture of a tarantula before she sends me one. 😁😁😁

I find with kids they need to be introduced young to bug and some kids just take to them, but it mom likes them I notice the kids tend to also. My oldest daughter hates bugs in all shapes and forms and so does my 8 yr old granddaughter. My 13 yr old granddaughter has loved bugs, especially Mantis, Isopods, Green Beetles, Monarchs, and various other bugs since she was a toddler, although she does tend to not like spiders, they get stepped on, which I think comes from me. So I do believe some of the dislike is a learned behavior and attitude. The oldest has raised Mandids, Monarch, and Isos.
I might try some butterflies first. They seem to take to those more than others...because...well....PRETTY! If one gets to close while flying around though 😂
I'm good myself with most bugs except centipedes (those scare me) and mosquitoes...oh and those stinky shield beetles. So I'm not really sure why they are so anxious around bugs. We do have a bunch of the shield bugs in the house year round so I should probably put the blame on that.

Back