New bunny, maybe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DawninWA

Reaction score
I have a neutered male rabbit named Basil who needs a friend, so I've been on the lookout for a female that needs a home. I found a post on the local lost and found pets Facebook page. Someone found a rabbit, but had to go out of town real soon and it was in a rubbermaid tote. So I offered to come get it. They said it was a male, a friend with rabbits came to see it and told them it was a male, I checked anyway, definitely a female.

Slight chance she's an escaped pet, maybe the family is away for the holiday weekend or something. But the location, right across from a wild land, brushy field, make me think she was dumped. So chances are, I have a new rabbit, but if her owners come forward, I'll give her back, of course.

Her pen is temporary, it's too short, she can reach the top on her tippy toes, if she stays, I'll get her a proper x-pen.

She hasn't told me her name yet, and I don't have a clue as to her breed, but isn't she pretty? She seems small, because Basil is a checkered/new zealand mix (big bunny), but I think she's about medium size, maybe 5 or 6 lbs.

Attachments

• 20190706_223419.jpg
    20190706_223419.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 21
  • 20190706_150106.jpg
    20190706_150106.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 18
She's a happy friendly bunny, rather playful. Not timid, doesn't care about the dogs or cat. She isn't litter box trained at all, but that's not unusual if she hasn't seen one. She does love hay though, so that's good.

None of the rabbit breed profiles matched, so I've determined that she's a supermutt, the best kind.

Latest posts

Back